Re: New Isaac/Mac Users: how to install version 5.1 for Big Sur, Catalina, and earlier macOS

AN2019

Re: New Isaac/Mac Users: how to install version 5.1 for Big Sur, Catalina, and earlier macOS

Post by AN2019 »

FOR INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS AS OF 10/2/23 GO HERE:

https://velocompforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=5989

All comments beneath this original post are now out of date :-)
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Isaac/Mac Users: how to install Isaac 5.1 MacOS Monterey, Big Sur, and earlier

Post by Velocomp »

I want to give credit where credit is due! The thread from which this post came is being deleted (the thread is no longer relevant) but I am really grateful to "droffsite" for finding this workaround!

Below is his post:

-------------------------------

Re: A partial workaround for Isaac/Mac on macOS 11.4+ and M1 Macs

Post by droffsite » Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:19 pm

I have an old machine (2011 MacBook Air) that I've been keeping on an old version of the OS just for Isaac. Somehow it upgraded to Big Sur 11.6.7. I just went through the steps to remove all of the old NI-VISA files. Not 100% sure that was necessary, because...

I downloaded the latest NI-VISA drivers (v21)

Install went smoothly, but on restart, Isaac crashed. Bit of Googling led to

https://forums.ni.com/t5/Instrument-Con ... lse#M83761

Rebooted into recovery mode (Command-R during startup), then launched a terminal (Utilities menu) and typed the below.

/usr/sbin/spctl kext-consent add SKTKK2QZ74

Restarted and successfully ran Isaac, including reading files and upgrading the firmware to 9.01.

I'll be trying this on my M1 Mac shortly.
John Hamann
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Intel Mac Users: how to install Isaac 5.1 MacOS Monterey, Big Sur, and earlier

Post by Velocomp »

Hello,

I reinstalled the drivers but I don't think it has worked. You can find the 2 files (windows and Imac).

What will we try next? Removing the drivers and reinstalling them?

Thanks

Kurt
Please post your comments on this thread:

https://velocompforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=5318

This thread is for M1 Macs; you have an Intel Mac. I will reply to you on the Intel Mac thread.
John Hamann
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Intel Mac Users: how to install Isaac 5.1 MacOS Monterey, Big Sur, and earlier

Post by Velocomp »

Velocomp wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 2:16 pm
Hello,

I reinstalled the drivers but I don't think it has worked. You can find the 2 files (windows and Imac).

What will we try next? Removing the drivers and reinstalling them?

Thanks

Kurt
Please post your comments on this thread:

https://velocompforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=5318

This thread is for M1 Macs; you have an Intel Mac. I will reply to you on the Intel Mac thread.
You will have to uninstall then reinstall everything. Do the following:

1) Put the Isaac/Mac file in trash

2) Use the "Remove NI VISA Mac drivers" uninstall instructions attached to this post to remove the NI drivers

3) Download the four files (Instructions, Isaac/Mac, SiLabs drivers, NI drivers) at the original post on this thread

4) Follow the instructions to reinstall the files. Make sure you follow the "System Extension Blocked" instructions carefully.
Attachments
Remove NI VISA Mac Drivers100721.pdf
(1.81 MiB) Downloaded 241 times
John Hamann
kurt

Post by kurt »

Hello;

I did remove the drivers and did a reinstall.
This morning I did a 68 km ride and I have got the same error message as before.

I don't know what to do now, do you have an idea?

Thanks

Kurt
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

kurt wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 9:24 am Hello;

I did remove the drivers and did a reinstall.
This morning I did a 68 km ride and I have got the same error message as before.

I don't know what to do now, do you have an idea?

Thanks

Kurt
The only remaining thing to try is this (from an earlier post on this thread)

Post by droffsite » Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:19 pm

I have an old machine (2011 MacBook Air) that I've been keeping on an old version of the OS just for Isaac. Somehow it upgraded to Big Sur 11.6.7. I just went through the steps to remove all of the old NI-VISA files. Not 100% sure that was necessary, because...

I downloaded the latest NI-VISA drivers (v21)

Install went smoothly, but on restart, Isaac crashed. Bit of Googling led to

https://forums.ni.com/t5/Instrument-Con ... lse#M83761

Rebooted into recovery mode (Command-R during startup), then launched a terminal (Utilities menu) and typed the below.

/usr/sbin/spctl kext-consent add SKTKK2QZ74

Restarted and successfully ran Isaac, including reading files and upgrading the firmware to 9.01.

If this doesn't work I don't have any additional ideas. Something is different about your Mac's configuration but I don't know what.

At this point I would install a virtual machine and use Isaac/Windows.
John Hamann
Slickwhite

Re: Intel Mac Users: how to install Isaac 5.1 macOS Catalina, Monterey, Big Sur, and earlier

Post by Slickwhite »

Hi John,

I recently installed Isaac 5.1 on my Mac after upgrading to ImacOS Monterrey. I followed the installation posted by user “dropsite” to the “letter” and the installation of the drivers and of Isaac 5.1 went smoothly as detailed in the instructions. I previously was running Isaac 5.1 on Imacos Catalina without any issues.

Unfortunately, since using ImacOS Monterrey and reinstalling Isaac 5.1 I have been unable to download any files from my powerpod 4. The connection shows the green button but when it attempts to download a ride the software comes up with the error 6004 (see file attached). I’ve erased all my files on the powerpod and repeated the process but the error reoccurs. I've also removed the drivers and reinstalled. The Isaac software appears to be functioning normally apart from this issue i.e. I cannot download any files.

Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated. My powerpod is running the latest FW 9.02 and has the 64-bit Isaac upgrade.

Thanks in advance

David.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Intel Mac Users: how to install Isaac 5.1 macOS Catalina, Monterey, Big Sur, and earlier

Post by Velocomp »

Slickwhite wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 9:11 pm Hi John,

I recently installed Isaac 5.1 on my Mac after upgrading to ImacOS Monterrey. I followed the installation posted by user “dropsite” to the “letter” and the installation of the drivers and of Isaac 5.1 went smoothly as detailed in the instructions. I previously was running Isaac 5.1 on Imacos Catalina without any issues.

Unfortunately, since using ImacOS Monterrey and reinstalling Isaac 5.1 I have been unable to download any files from my powerpod 4. The connection shows the green button but when it attempts to download a ride the software comes up with the error 6004 (see file attached). I’ve erased all my files on the powerpod and repeated the process but the error reoccurs. I've also removed the drivers and reinstalled. The Isaac software appears to be functioning normally apart from this issue i.e. I cannot download any files.

Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated. My powerpod is running the latest FW 9.02 and has the 64-bit Isaac upgrade.

Thanks in advance

David.
I did not see any attachments to your original posting.

Connect your unit to Isaac, and go to Device/SN an FW version...

Post a screen shot of the response
John Hamann
Slickwhite

Post by Slickwhite »

Hi John,

Apologies and thanks for responding so quickly

Screenshot of the error message and device /SN and FW version attached
Screenshot 2023-03-05 at 19.04.39.png
Screenshot 2023-03-05 at 19.04.39.png (127.98 KiB) Viewed 31370 times
Screenshot 2023-03-05 at 19.05.05.png
Screenshot 2023-03-05 at 19.05.05.png (60.55 KiB) Viewed 31370 times
Kind regards,

David.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Slickwhite wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 2:10 pm Hi John,

Apologies and thanks for responding so quickly

Screenshot of the error message and device /SN and FW version attachedScreenshot 2023-03-05 at 19.04.39.pngScreenshot 2023-03-05 at 19.05.05.png

Kind regards,

David.
Use the command Device/Erase All Ride files to get rid of the files stored in your PP.

Do a new, short ride, and try downloading it. Let me know if that works.
John Hamann
Slickwhite

Post by Slickwhite »

Hi John,

I tried as you suggested. erased the files followed by a short ride.

Unfortunately even though the powerpod connects to the Isaac software, it won't download the file automatically but eventually does when I perform a manual download. The file appears as shown below even though the powerpod was connected to my speed and cadence sensor and the correct power appears on my Garmin.
Attachments
Screenshot 2023-03-06 at 23.08.53.png
Screenshot 2023-03-06 at 23.08.53.png (79 KiB) Viewed 31344 times
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Slickwhite wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 6:13 pm Hi John,

I tried as you suggested. erased the files followed by a short ride.

Unfortunately even though the powerpod connects to the Isaac software, it won't download the file automatically but eventually does when I perform a manual download. The file appears as shown below even though the powerpod was connected to my speed and cadence sensor and the correct power appears on my Garmin.
OK, one more thing to try:

1) Press-hold PP button for around 12 seconds, then release after light goes out and starts flashing again. This does a hard reset

2) Erase your ride data

3) Another short ride, afterwards download.

Let me know...
John Hamann
Slickwhite

Post by Slickwhite »

Hi John,

I did as instructed and performed a hard reset. After my ride I attempted to download the ride file and the error 6004 reoccured. I then tried to download the ride manually. The ride starts to download but s briefly flashes up the download window before disappearing. The ride appears as attached.
Screenshot 2023-03-12 at 17.13.09.png
Screenshot 2023-03-12 at 17.13.09.png (153.74 KiB) Viewed 31216 times

I decided to downloaded Isaac for windows and downloaded Parallels and went for another ride. The ride downloaded without an issue. Not sure what's going on but a least it works with the windows version of Isaac.

David.
Sutorius

Post by Sutorius »

Hi John,

I emailed you about an error. I think it should be shared, so I'll write on this thread as well.

I recently started using a Powerpod 5. An error occurred when downloading data from Powerpod 5 using Isaac 5.1.
My PC is iMac with Monterrey. I have tried all the solutions presented in this thread in the past but they don't work.

Screenshot of the error message and device /SN and FW version attached.

By the way, it worked fine on Windows 10.

best regards,

Yuichi
Attachments
S_No.jpg
S_No.jpg (55.43 KiB) Viewed 30863 times
Error6004.jpg
Error6004.jpg (88.23 KiB) Viewed 30863 times
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

If you can read your serial number, it is likely that the problem is an error in the file structure of your ride memory, making it impossible to download your ride.

The solution is to use the command "Device/Erase All Ride Data". You'll lose your ride data, but hopefully this will fix things.
John Hamann
Sutorius

Post by Sutorius »

I have used the command "Device/Erase All Ride Data", but didn't improve.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Sutorius wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 6:50 pm I have used the command "Device/Erase All Ride Data", but didn't improve.
Did you do a new ride after executing the command?
John Hamann
Sutorius

Post by Sutorius »

Yes I Do.

Yuichi
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Sutorius wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 7:11 pm Yes I Do.

Yuichi
Please post screen shots showing your problem. Also: when you attempt to download the ride, does the green box around the USB icon disappear?
John Hamann
Sutorius

Post by Sutorius »

Hi John,

I uploaded a video of the operation of Isaac to YouTube.

https://youtu.be/w3TdUW2RhUY

Yuichi
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Sutorius wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 7:56 am Hi John,

I uploaded a video of the operation of Isaac to YouTube.

https://youtu.be/w3TdUW2RhUY

Yuichi
Thank you for the video.

Just to confirm: you are able to correctly get the serial number and firmware version of your PP, correct?

There is one other thing to try:

1) Erase your ride files

2) Do a hard reset of your PP (press-hold button for about 12 sec, until light goes out briefly, then starts flashing again. Release the button)

3) Connect PP to Isaac, go to Device/Setup/Set Date and Time

4) Do a ride, then attempt download

It's not clear to me whether the problem is in the recording inside PP, or in Isaac communication. Hopefully this will sort out the source of the problem
John Hamann
Sutorius

Post by Sutorius »

Hi,

I have followed your instructions 1 to 4, but no improvement.

The serial number and firmware version were obtained correctly. It was identical to the number shown in Windows 10.

Screenshot of Isaac for Windows is attached.

Yuichi
Attachments
isaacSN.png
isaacSN.png (202.99 KiB) Viewed 30667 times
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Yesterday I encountered exactly the problem you described when attempting to download ride files on my Mac, running macOS 13 and Isaac/Mac.

What version of macOS are you using?

Unfortunately it appears that Isaac/Mac is not compatible with your version of macOS. You will need to do the same thing that I do with my Mac: use Isaac/Windows. I have no problems running Isaac/Windows on my Mac.

Sorry...
John Hamann
Sutorius

Post by Sutorius »

Hi,

I am using Mac OS 12.01

I'm not going to buy a Windows license just to use Isaac.
I hope Isaac/Mac will be updated and available in the future.

Yuichi
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Sutorius wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 3:52 am Hi,

I am using Mac OS 12.01

I'm not going to buy a Windows license just to use Isaac.
I hope Isaac/Mac will be updated and available in the future.

Yuichi
You should be able to find Windows without any license fee.

The fundamental problem with Isaac/Mac is the National Instruments drivers, which don't operate properly anymore. Until NI fixes this there is nothing we can do. Sorry...
John Hamann
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Note to all Mac users: thanks to user "markw65", it is now possible to run Isaac/Mac on INTEL MACS AND M1/M2 MACS with the most modern versions of macOS.

The original post at the top of this thread has been updated with new instructions and downloads.

If you have an Intel Mac and you have been unable to use Isaac/Mac, please try this installation.

https://velocompforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=5989
John Hamann