Announcing Isaac/Mac 5.1 for macOS Catalina and earlier

Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Announcing Isaac/Mac 5.1 for macOS Catalina and earlier

Post by Velocomp »

If you've upgraded your Mac to macOS Catalina, you may have found out (the hard way) that your older version of Isaac/Mac no longer works.

Why do older versions of Isaac/Mac no longer run? macOS Catalina does not support 32 bit apps and, unfortunately, older versions of Isaac/Mac are 32 bit apps.

After doing a lot of work (and spending a lot of $) we have created a 64 bit version of Isaac/Mac, version 5.1, which is fully compatible with macOS Catalina and earlier macOS versions (Mojave etc.).
Screen Shot 2019-12-06 at 11.49.54 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-12-06 at 11.49.54 AM.png (208.4 KiB) Viewed 4809 times
Isaac/Mac 5.1 is a free download that allows you to setup your device and manage your profiles (just as Isaac always has).

However, if you want to download ride files with Isaac/Mac 5.1, and you have a Velocomp product manufactured prior to December 1, 2019, you will need to purchase an upgrade key that unlocks the download feature in Isaac/Mac.

Here is how it works:

1) Download and install Isaac/Mac 5.1. Here is where to get it:

https://velocompforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=5318

2) Make sure you follow EXACTLY the installation instructions for Isaac.

3) Connect your device to Isaac/Mac and get its serial number ("Device/SN-FW Version"). Copy your serial number

4) Purchase the 64 bit upgrade, and include the serial number of your device in the purchase notes window

4) We will email you the 64 bit upgrade key, which will unlock all of the download and analysis features of Isaac/Mac

5) To confirm that your unit has the key installed, go to "Device/Unlock Feature/Get Unlock Status". You will see "64 bit Isaac Upgrade" listed
Screen Shot 2019-11-24 at 7.06.58 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-11-24 at 7.06.58 AM.png (31.28 KiB) Viewed 4934 times
Isaac/Mac 5.0 version includes important updates that makes Isaac much faster to launch, and adds new AeroPod CdA drag-and-drop measurement (located in the Power Meter Comparison window).
Screen Shot 2019-11-24 at 8.03.48 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-11-24 at 8.03.48 AM.png (176.4 KiB) Viewed 4934 times
IMPORTANT NOTES:

1) The Isaac/Mac download unlock key is NOT required for Isaac/Windows

2) PowerPod and AeroPod products with manufacturing dates of December 1 2019 or afterwards already have the 64bit key installed--the upgrade key is NOT REQUIRED
John Hamann
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Announcing Isaac/Mac 5.0.7 for macOS Catalina

Post by Velocomp »

lorduintah wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:37 am So if I have both a PP3 as well as an older Newton, I will need to purchase TWO keys? Not sure I appreciate that at all. While I agree that some burden of the cost to update the application to 64 bit alignment with the operating system is justified, the key should have been applied to the software on the Mac, not in the tool that needs it.

I have one Isaac application, not two...
If you have more than one device, you will get keys for all of them from the single upgrade. You will send us serial numbers for all of your devices.

Yes, an alternative would be to tie the key to the SW, but to implement this we would have to create an entirely new unlock mechanism.
John Hamann
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

lorduintah wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:53 pm Glad one key fits all - this works just as well as a key per power meter/or Isaac.

I could have guessed that the Isaac solution would be a lot more problematic, but getting the detail out there that you only need to pay the upgrade once for one is fine with me.
Just to be clear: if you have three Velocomp PMs, you'll get 3 keys--one for each device. But you'll pay for only one...
John Hamann
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

briarandbrine wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:16 am Great news. Looking forward to it.
Here it is...

https://velocompforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=5318
John Hamann