Differences between "Analyze|calibration" and "Analyze|route" and "accept" vs. "send."

Danny

Differences between "Analyze|calibration" and "Analyze|route" and "accept" vs. "send."

Post by Danny »

I did an 11 mile out and back. Afterwards I ran a analyze calibration then a analyze route. The analyze route seemed to yield a better result so I accepted it. It wasn't clear if that sent it to the PowerPod or not. So I went into profiles and it was the last one and I chose "send to device." Was that necessary or did accepting it automatically upload the change to the profile? Also during the calibration there was a choice to accept and another choice to send...confused on what I should have done there.

Also, what does saving do? After I download my rides and look at them, when I exit it asks me about saving. Not sure what saving does.

Finally, how are "peaks" measured? Does it have to be that amount of time continuous? For example if I coast for a few seconds and then jump back in will that end the current peak. Does the 30 minute peak have to always be above the number it yields for the entire 30 minutes?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Differences between "Analyze|calibration" and "Analyze|route" and "accept" vs. "send."

Post by Velocomp »

1) Analyze Route does not modify the profile. Check Calibration does

2) The profile you selected was the one stored prior to your Analyze Route. Use Check Calibration, then send that profile to your unit

3) If you change ANYTHING in the ride file, then you need to save the changes. If you don't the ride file won't be modified

4) Peaks examines the entire ride file, then selects each area where the condition is satisfied. For example, the 30 minute peak is the continuous 30 minute period where your average watts for that period is the maximum.
John Hamann