Problem with altitude adjustment

BillOsler

Problem with altitude adjustment

Post by BillOsler »

As part of the "analyze route" functionality Isaac offers a couple of choices for correcting altitude measurements. As best I can tell selecting a time range from the workout does not affect what Isaac displays in the Analyze Route dialog, it always seems to display the entire workout in the analyze route dialog.

There is an button labeled "Selection ends and starts at same place" but it always seems to be greyed out when the dialog opens.
If I select a time frame inside the dialog box that option remains greyed out, however, if I choose a single time from the activity the "Selection ends and starts at same place" button becomes active.

I'm puzzled by this.

What I am trying to accomplish is this: I made multiple laps on an out-and-back course and I would like to adjust the altitude so that the beginning and end points from each lap all have the same altitude.
It is easy enough to identify the laps since the Garmin marked them ... but making the actual adjustment has proved to be challenging.

Is there any documentation re: how to use this feature of Isaac? And why the button labeled "Selection ends and starts at same place" is active only when no selection has been made?
Attachments
Button inactive if selection made.png
Button inactive if selection made.png (286.32 KiB) Viewed 2239 times
Button active if no selection made.png
Button active if no selection made.png (286.83 KiB) Viewed 2239 times
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Problem with altitude adjustment

Post by Velocomp »

The Analyze Route option looks for symmetry and same/similar starting and ending elevation. If it finds that it will offer the option to make the start/stop elevation the same. If it doesn't think the end point is the same as the start point it won't.

This feature applies to the entire ride, not to portions of it. That is why it greys-out when you select just a snippet of the ride.
John Hamann
BillOsler

Re: Problem with altitude adjustment

Post by BillOsler »

Velocomp wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 7:02 pm The Analyze Route option looks for symmetry and same/similar starting and ending elevation. If it finds that it will offer the option to make the start/stop elevation the same. If it doesn't think the end point is the same as the start point it won't.

This feature applies to the entire ride, not to portions of it. That is why it greys-out when you select just a snippet of the ride.
Is there any available documentation about this functionality?
Personally I don't think that the description "Selection starts and ends at the same place" is appropriate (and it is certainly misleading) if the only option is to apply a correction to the entire ride.