Feature request - Handling Profiles

kenf

Feature request - Handling Profiles

Post by kenf »

Having an appropriate profile loaded for the ride seems to be at the core of having the Newton report consistent power numbers. The current process of loading profiles to Newton and keeping track of which profile is in which Profile location (1,2,3,or 4) at present ranges from obscure to impossible. I still don't have confirmation from anyone at iBike how to load a certain profile from Isaac to a certain location although I'm guessing it's with using the Set Active button along with Send to Device button. There doesn't seem to be anyway at all of checking which profile is already loaded in any given Newton location. Extract from Device only extracts the Profile in location #1 on the Newton, and even then doesn't retrieve it with the name it originally had when sent to the Newton in the first place. So,

1. Please make it clear in the Isaac "Edit Profile" screen which location you are sending a selected profile to
2. Make it possible to view the profiles already in Newton from Isaac while clearly showing the Newton location and the original name given the profile through Isaac

This would really help make the Newton a better product.
GeorgeHotopan

Re: Feature request - Handling Profiles

Post by GeorgeHotopan »

Great feature tip! This would really easen and smoothen the UI and overall experience with the Newton.
kenf wrote:Having an appropriate profile loaded for the ride seems to be at the core of having the Newton report consistent power numbers. The current process of loading profiles to Newton and keeping track of which profile is in which Profile location (1,2,3,or 4) at present ranges from obscure to impossible. I still don't have confirmation from anyone at iBike how to load a certain profile from Isaac to a certain location although I'm guessing it's with using the Set Active button along with Send to Device button. There doesn't seem to be anyway at all of checking which profile is already loaded in any given Newton location. Extract from Device only extracts the Profile in location #1 on the Newton, and even then doesn't retrieve it with the name it originally had when sent to the Newton in the first place. So,

1. Please make it clear in the Isaac "Edit Profile" screen which location you are sending a selected profile to
2. Make it possible to view the profiles already in Newton from Isaac while clearly showing the Newton location and the original name given the profile through Isaac

This would really help make the Newton a better product.
Russ

Post by Russ »

Ken and George and all,

I have only four profiles for the unit which simplifies. A workaround for me has been to, first, label the profile number in the title in the edit profile list.
Second, when I want to download a profile, I select the active profile in the Newton first and it goes by default to that location.

Now if I want to verify I am seeing the correct profile, I go into Isaac's edit profile for the profile of interest and then pull a unique value from the Newton, watching it to see if it stays the same. If so, verified. If not, cancel out to not save the change and redo process to get to where you want to be.

Messy but it works for me until the new improved feature comes out :-)

Russ
GeorgeHotopan

Post by GeorgeHotopan »

Hi there Russ:

Thanks for the hint. I have tired it, and actually it's not that "messy". Good alternative to the "handling profile" request.
Regards,

George.
kenf

Post by kenf »

The way I finally arrived at to address this which seems easiest to me is:

To check profiles: Go to Device>Set up Newton>Next. This displays the currently loaded profiles. I then hit Close to exit.
To load profiles: Edit Profiles>select desired from list>select desired "Set Active Profile in Device" number>click "Send to Device">click "Accept". I then go back to the check profiles routine to make sure the desired profile is in the correct location.