Software Won't Connect with Unit

craigtri

Software Won't Connect with Unit

Post by craigtri »

After my ride today, I cannot get the software to connect with the Newton. The little power icon in Isaac is black (not green), and the download icon next to it is grayed out. Its plugged in properly, even tried a different USB. It shows its charging on the unit itself but can't get it to connect. Tried shutting down and restarting, etc. but no luck. Any ideas? I sent an email to technical and Tom is great getting back quickly but I figured I'd send this out in case someone else had the issue in the past. The only thing I did today was set up a new profile for a new bike. Thanks.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Software Won't Connect with Unit

Post by Velocomp »

Tom is your best resource. He should be back to you within the next 24 hours.
John Hamann
Pete

Post by Pete »

You need to ensure your newton has not gone to sleep (which does not seem to be the case)
Also try clicking on the Device menu in Isaac as that worked for me on the weekend the one time I didn't seem to get a connection.
craigtri

Post by craigtri »

So far I've done everything short of flipping the battery as suggested. If I do that will I lose all my profile and setup data? I assume not. But that's the last thing I see that I can try.
slp3939

Post by slp3939 »

Did you ever get an answer to this? I seem to be experiencing the same issues now. It was working a week or two ago but now I'm having the same issues you described. I'm not sure if I've uploaded a ride since the Isaac update I installed a few days ago or not. If I go to Device/Connect then I select Com5 and click test connection a small pop up will appear and say "connected to ibike" the download icon still remains grayed out and will not let me import data from the newton.
Pete

Post by Pete »

I was unable to connect on the weekend when I was loading to two different profiles on my laptop.
IE I 'switch user' on the laptop so that rides from each profile go to their own default directory for GC to upload from.
Whilst Isaac was connected to one user I was unable to connect Newton to the other without disconnecting from the first.
Had not had this before as I have only loaded from one profile on any one day.
TriBike

Post by TriBike »

There are a few things to check if your unit is not connecting to the software. Often times, a re-boot of the computer running the Isaac software can help, as well as a Hard Reset of the Newton. I recommend also trying a different USB/Micro USB cable (most Android phones use this same cable). Be sure that your drivers for the software has been downloaded and installed properly. If you are still experiencing issues after trying these trouble shoots, then contact iBike Support directly: technicalsupport@velocomp.com.
texmurphy

Post by texmurphy »

It can often be helpful to clear all the usb associations from prior usb hookups of various devices.
I have found the program USBDeview helpful on windows pcs. It will list all usb device connections and let you delete some or all the existing connection data.
After clearing the usb data, plugin of a usb device will form a new connection without prior residual garbage.