Isaac feature request

Russ

Isaac feature request

Post by Russ »

Happy New Year iBiker's !

I have thoughts of an improvement in Isaac. The problem I find is when I want to highlight a large section of the ride with an exact start and finish. Unless there is a way I am not aware of, it is a very tough task.

What I am thinking of is, somewhat like the addition of labels as marks, to specify a start and stop of section to be highlighted. Thus the start and the stop could be accurately set while zoomed in maximum.

Perhaps even a special text selection in the labels could be used. Then perhaps, with several labels marking points of interest, the highlight selection might be quickly set to various pairs for quick comparison or analysis.

What say? Good idea? Can do?

Thanks,
Russ
travispape
Site Admin

Re: Isaac feature request

Post by travispape »

There is already a way to do that using lap markers. Do this:

* Zoom into the starting position, click on the graph to place the yellow vertical cursor, then right-click (command-click on Mac) and select "Mark Lap at Cursor"
* Repeat the process for the ending position
* Now all you have to do is click the lap in the list of laps on the bottom/left corner of the window and the precise range is selected

Note that if the selection spans multiple laps, that is ok. You can control-click (command-click on Mac) to select multiple laps.

Travis
racerfern

Post by racerfern »

Russ has a good idea and this could be the main section of your ride minus warm up and cool down but not necessarily a given "lap"

The problem with creating a new lap is that you might affect the existing laps you have.

Perhaps a combination of a few other implementations:
1) When highlighting a section, mousing over the beginning or ending points and holding a button, allows adjustment of the beginning or end of a segment, not necessarily a lap. You control this based on how far in you're zoomed.
2) Named ranges, not necessarily a lap but a continuous section named as you wish.
Fernando
texmurphy

Post by texmurphy »

Also would be nice to use to correct definition segments of Out&Back for cal checks.
hiroad

Post by hiroad »

Hello iBike guys,
How do you think about indicating the time stamp of the cursor point, maybe in the line of the bottom?
I take short breaks in my rides and after the ride I want to know how many minutes did I spent at the rest. Above indication will help greatly for those requirement.
Thanks!
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

We will investigate this. It might be possible to get this information through Newton Tracker...
John Hamann
Pete

Post by Pete »

How do the 'best' 1hr etc shown on Isaac treat recording gaps - ie where you stopped?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

When you stop pedaling the Newton stops recording. So, your 1 hour stats won't be diluted because of break periods.
John Hamann
Pete

Post by Pete »

hmmm, I guess you can look at that the other way that your one hour 'best' shouldn't include a 'pause' at the coffee shop :)

I think the GC guys might do some work to use the timestamp instead of the 'moving time' from the CSV files so that various such derived metrics use real time.
Although some things like duration and TSS should still use 'moving time'
racerfern

Post by racerfern »

Although a 60 minute best might be on either side of a coffee break, I doubt this kind of 60 minutes could ever match a steady state 60 minutes alone. The time spent getting back up to speed after a coffee break will seriously cut into the average.
Fernando
hiroad

Post by hiroad »

Whoa, Thank you John for your very quick reply to my Time-stamp request.

I know this is not useful for power training / analysis but will be very handy for just-for-fun riders. Time stamp will recall our memories clearer than ever. Cheers!
ronpei

Post by ronpei »

I would love to see a calendar view of activities so that you could easily click to open a file rather than go through a standard file menu, as well it would be nice if it was possible when you save different file types to open up a specified file location, I could see this as part of the options menu? 3rd, I would like it if it was possible to up load more than one file at a time, ie when the file list is presented, it would be nice to be able to choose more than one file to be uploaded to isaac so that you could do batch uploads. There are more but these would be really nice.. ;)
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

ronpei wrote:I would love to see a calendar view of activities so that you could easily click to open a file rather than go through a standard file menu, as well it would be nice if it was possible when you save different file types to open up a specified file location, I could see this as part of the options menu? 3rd, I would like it if it was possible to up load more than one file at a time, ie when the file list is presented, it would be nice to be able to choose more than one file to be uploaded to isaac so that you could do batch uploads. There are more but these would be really nice.. ;)
All good suggestions. Now that we have FW 5 and Isaac 3 out there we can start thinking about other things... :D
John Hamann
ronpei

Post by ronpei »

All good suggestions. Now that we have FW 5 and Isaac 3 out there we can start thinking about other things... :D[/quote]
thanks John, I wanted to wait for the update to ask for more.... :D

Your software could be the best ever, now that you have nailed the firmware features! and the new wind port / water port design things are getting pretty nicely evolved!
texmurphy

Post by texmurphy »

In Isaac, if I go to the GPS tab for an activity for which there is no gps data, I am offered a "Get Newton Tracker" button.
I could do a File->Merge Gps or a Crtl-M, yet I think that switching to the GPS tab should be enough to initiate the Ctrl-M dialog.
Or possibly offer a second "Merge gps" button along side the "Get Newton Tracker" button.
discipulus

Post by discipulus »

I would like to see improvements to the chart selection ranges like Russ and acerfern requested. Allowing us to modify and fine tune the start and end of a selection would be very helpful. In addition to acerferns suggested implementations, perhaps allow the user to type in the start and end points for the selection.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

When I want to see more detail for part of the ride, I change the scale in the upper right corner from Full Ride, to something smaller. Then, I scroll to the part I want to look at in detail.
John Hamann
discipulus

Post by discipulus »

Velocomp wrote:When I want to see more detail for part of the ride, I change the scale in the upper right corner from Full Ride, to something smaller. Then, I scroll to the part I want to look at in detail.
How do you make small or large adjustments to your range selections?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

In the upper right corner of the main window, click on "Full Ride", then adjust to a narrower range.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-12-29 at 5.58.11 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-12-29 at 5.58.11 PM.png (15.31 KiB) Viewed 13746 times
John Hamann
discipulus

Post by discipulus »

Velocomp wrote:In the upper right corner of the main window, click on "Full Ride", then adjust to a narrower range.
That's not what I'm asking. How do you adjust the end points of a selection?
Attachments
Request ability to adjust selection endpoints
Request ability to adjust selection endpoints
Screen Shot 2017-12-29 at 3.16.56 PM.png (167.53 KiB) Viewed 13745 times
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

You've already done exactly that, with your drag-drop.

You will see the stats for the highlighted selection in the stats window to the left of the graphs.
John Hamann
discipulus

Post by discipulus »

Velocomp wrote:You've already done exactly that, with your drag-drop.

You will see the stats for the highlighted selection in the stats window to the left of the graphs.
Yes, the selection is done, now how do you make the existing selection wider or narrower without starting the selection process over again? Do you understand?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

There is no way to expand or contract the display except by using the procedures described previously.
John Hamann
discipulus

Post by discipulus »

Velocomp wrote:There is no way to expand or contract the display except by using the procedures described previously.
Right, that is the feature being requested: the ability adjust an existing highlighted selection. I've created an animated GIF demonstrating the requested feature implemented in another software and linked to it below. In Issac, adjustment to the selected/highlighted region will extend across all displayed charts. Thank you.