change profile after ride

ronpei

change profile after ride

Post by ronpei »

when I try this function I find that it changes some items like friction but it does not seem to change the weight? The info in the detail ride to the left of the screen stays at the weight of the profile used during the ride... When you use the wrong profile and change profile after ride shouldn't the weight change as well?
ronpei

Re: change profile after ride

Post by ronpei »

still wondering about this question????? why does it not seem to change the weight?
racerfern

Post by racerfern »

You're right, it doesn't change the weight and I'm not sure that it should.

A difference of less than 5 pounds is insignificant over the course of an average ride and a difference of 10 or 15 pounds is significant enough that you should do another cal ride.

The purpose of changing profile after the ride is to correct the accidental use of a profile not to compare the differences in power output from one profile comparison to another. If you really need to change to a different profile you can still click on "Analyze iBike Settings" and manually change the weight.
Fernando
ronpei

Post by ronpei »

that is a good point Fernando, though I do not see the point in changing profiles if it does not affect the weight as well. THe point you made about weight is a generally good one, and I had not thought to look at analyze setting tab, that is really what I wanted. In essence I had 2 profiles one for with my backpack (extra weigh but only a slight difference in aero per the calibration ride). Anyhow this respone hs clarified in my mind the options. Thanks for responding.
Pete

Post by Pete »

It would suit me better if it did change the weight as I have my son set up as profiles 3 & 4 and he is half my weight.
So far I have not used the wrong profile for either of us.
ronpei

Post by ronpei »

I tend to agree with you in a case where the difference is significant then it should do exactly what it says, change the full profile after the ride not just some of it.
racerfern

Post by racerfern »

Then make sure the correct profile is active before starting your ride.
Fernando
Pete

Post by Pete »

It seems changing profiles after ride does not include the wheel circumference of the selected profile either?
Needs to be applied manually.