Download Isaac for Mac version 5.1, works with Catalina!

Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Download Isaac for Mac version 5.1, works with Catalina!

Post by Velocomp »

gbussey wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:18 am
OK - I thought I might be a success story, but not so much. Did fine with NI-488.2 and NI-VISA_Runtime and LabVIEW2019SP1RuntimeEngine but when I got to SiLabsUSBDriverDisk, even though I did the "allow" thing in the security preferences, I still got this message:
"Driver may need approval. CP210x VCP driver is not loaded, but is present in the file system. This could indicate that the driver needs user approval in the system preferences." But not sure what to do beyond what I already did in that regard. Note that Silicon Labs shows up in the list of blocked entities, but the box next to it is NOT checked, so I am assuming that means that it is in fact NOT blocked, as the other installed parts also show up on that list but also indicated installed successfully.

And finally - when i went to do the control open thing with isaac, the loading splash screen showed up, but then immediately disappeared and nothing else happened. And for what it is worth, the old 4.1 of Isaac is still in my applications folder but showing up as not working with catalina.

Suggestions? Thanks.
Sorry you're having problems. Please email me at jhamann@velocomp.com and we'll figure out a way to arrange a Skype call
John Hamann

lorduintah

Post by lorduintah »

After installing Catalina (10.15.2 for example) you might find a folder "Previously Relocated Items" which contains a number of aliases to National Instrument shell scripts of other similar files. These are not easily deleted - You will get error messages that MacOS requires them - although they are only aliases (icons have an arrow in them, or if you "get Informalities" they point to file located in system file, share directories of similar locations.

They really are harmless. But if you want to get rid of them, you may need to boot fo an external thumb (or spinning) drive with a valid operating system. If you do that and find the offending folder, you will be able to delete the entire tree branch. Otherwise attempting to delete will evoke warnings about needed for MacOS.

So you may need to build a thumb or spinning external with Mojave or Catalina OS. The Recovery or Safe Boot (you will not see the folder of booting holding the SHIFT key) do not suffice.

lorduintah

Post by lorduintah »

As identified in the Catalina update to 10.15.4 - there is a warning that the Silicon Labs group of extensions and apps has at least one component that will not be supported in the next MacOS.

Looks like Si Labs will have something to fix.

Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

lorduintah wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:04 pm
As identified in the Catalina update to 10.15.4 - there is a warning that the Silicon Labs group of extensions and apps has at least one component that will not be supported in the next MacOS.

Looks like Si Labs will have something to fix.
SiLabs continues to make a lot of changes to their drivers. I just uploaded their latest driver to our Mac install page, though I doubt it will fix this particular issue. I'm sure SiLabs will fix this soon...
John Hamann