TT Aerobars Mounting

Deepsand

TT Aerobars Mounting

Post by Deepsand »

Hi Guys

I've tried all sort of mounting for the Newton on my TT bike using the RWS kit and apparently It keeps sending wrong power reading in reason of the twist or kinks in the hose.
I hope this configuration would result in better consistent readings (attached picture).
Does anyone have any remarks ?
I haven't seen any similar configuration on related posts of this forum.

Thanks,

Ednei
Aerobars Mounting
Aerobars Mounting
IMG_20140826_192428.jpg (405.76 KiB) Viewed 14040 times
IMG_20140826_192519.jpg
IMG_20140826_192519.jpg (381.13 KiB) Viewed 14041 times
Russ

Re: TT Aerobars Mounting

Post by Russ »

Deepsand,

Looks really cool! Not sure if - 2 things...
1. rigid enough so that it does not significantly vibrate as this might change the point in the air envelope that is sampled and thus change the pressure vs calibration. Hope this one makes sense.

2. Not sure if it sticks out far enough to keep the air envelope at the sample point (trumpet on end of tube) from changing with the placement of your hands and shifting.

Now regards 1. above vibrations may average out, not sure how severe either of my concerns might be. I used a 3/8 in diameter dowell rod to support mine, it sticks out like a refueling probe on a jet :-)

All that said, it may work great as is, just not sure.

Regards,
Russ
Davis6022

Post by Davis6022 »

Copper tubing used for refrigerator water supply lines fits snugly inside the rubber tubing. It's flexible enough to allow you to shape it as you need it as long as you don't put a kink in it.
Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

How did this setup work out? I'm currently having problems with my TT setup due to vibrations and from what i can feel the TT-mount isn't as stable as the stem mount. My aerobars are solid as a rock but the "plate" that the newton is attached to can wiggle a bit.

Best regards
Jonathan
bobbyperry

Post by bobbyperry »

i,ve had mine running between tt bars to the bar end shifters but think vibration of hose and funnel end is a problem. once up to speed on rough roads my power numbers seem to die then go up n down and even hit zero from time to time. how did you get on?
james f

Post by james f »

However, with a triathlon bike the stem area is often overlapped by the aerobar pads/mounts, or it may have an extremely short stem on it (perhaps only an inch in length) – which may not be enough for the device at hand.