Ibike+clip on bars= Edge?

NCH1

Ibike+clip on bars= Edge?

Post by NCH1 »

I was thinking about moving my Ibike to a stem mount and using an RWS for use with clip-on aero bars. However I'm not sure now where I should put the Edge 705, as there would be no room for it on the handle bars. I need the Edge because it displays the average and current percentages of FTP I'm currently riding at, as well as providing lighting (I ride at 5am) and GPS navigation (where necessary). I've contemplated attaching it to the top tube, but I don't know. Any suggestions?

Nik
lorduintah

Re: Ibike+clip on bars= Edge?

Post by lorduintah »

I have mine on the top tube - regular tie wraps, but I put a strip of cut out rubber (from a discarded tire tube.) I did the rubber strip because the 705 would otherwise slip down the tube and stop at the seat.

I don't have aero-bars so this might be something that would stop you from putting the 705 on the top tube - you do have to sit up to see the screen. But it is also not in any air path and is very easy to reach all controls.

Tom
NCH1

Post by NCH1 »

Yeah, having to sit up to see the screen was the problem I was contemplating. I might give it a try anyway- it can't hurt.

Thanks mate.

Nik
tdfisch

Post by tdfisch »

If there is room you could mount the Edge between the clip-on bars on one of the Profile brand computer mount posts. That way it is out front where you can see it. I used that setup on my tt bike for a couple years, but I guess it would depend on the type of clip-on bars you use.

Tim
NCH1

Post by NCH1 »

I have the Pro Synop Carbon S bend clip-ons . Pro also make a computer mount to fit between the clip-ons. However, the mount is said to be specific to Pro cycle computers.Whether in fact something can be worked around that mount I'm not sure- I don't have one. I've also ordered an additional mount (the high angle stem) from ibike, and an RWS, so I will have to test out a few configurations.

Nik