Another com port <-1> issue

cjonbike

Another com port <-1> issue

Post by cjonbike »

Hi All

I have the iAero and have been using it for the past few weeks.

I use a computer that has 2 operating systems using the dual boot option.
Windows vista 64 bit
Windows XP sp3.

I have been using the ibike 2.0.6 software on the windows 64 bit system and it talks to the iAero fine there.

When I try on the XP sp3 all I get if I go into Devices/connect is the <-1> in the com port box.
I go into device manager and it shows under ports the silicon labs cp210x usb to uart bridge (com3), and is running properly. No warnings or errors. If I unplug the cable it disappears.

I have un-installed the software and the drivers and re-installed them(multiple times). No errors on install. But still no communication between computer and iAero.

I have used different USB ports.

And when I go back into vista 64 bit it works fine from all my ports.

I have upgraded the drivers for the bridge to 5.2-.2.0.

Is there anything you all see that I missed doing, or anything else I can try?

I thank you in advance for any help with this as I am stuck

Chris
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Another com port <-1> issue

Post by Velocomp »

Try forcing the com port to a different number. This has worked for other users.
John Hamann
cjonbike

Post by cjonbike »

To update

Thanks John so much for the reply, I did change the com ports from 4 - 32. Still no joy. I must really have something weird going on in my XP drive.

Thanks again

Chris
alback

Post by alback »

I had a similar problem with WinXP on my laptop, it eventually worked. This week-end I had to upgrade from w2k to XP on my home office computer, had the same driver problem.

I downloaded 5.2 version, it didn't work either. I came across a forum where they suggested success with driver version 4.28. I finally found version 4.28. Version 4.28 is a 2005 driver, however XP accepted the driver, then repeated the found new hardware dialogue. I re-directed it to 4.28 again and iAero worked on the original com 5 as before in w2K.

Hope this helps,

Alan