iPro Gen III will not display speed or power

BruceK

iPro Gen III will not display speed or power

Post by BruceK »

The iPro has been set up properly and it does recognize the Garmin HR sensor and Bontrager Speed/Cadence Combo Sensor. Unfortunately, I cannot do a calibration ride as the unit simply does not display power/speed and I end up with a blank file in Isaac. All the batteries are fine and the unit does display slope, wind speed, heart rate and cadence when riding but no other stats.

Any suggestions what is wrong here? Thanks.
racerfern

Re: iPro Gen III will not display speed or power

Post by racerfern »

Although prior generations are no longer supported, I will try to help you to at least get you going. With everything connected, simply "hold" the bike in the air with the front wheel way above the rear wheel while turning the crank at over 40 rpm. This isn't all so easy so maybe someone can help. See if watts show up on the screen and see if the tilt is showing as some crazy high positive number. Do this for a few seconds then try a lesser angle. Try to do this for a minute then download the "ride" and upload it here. This might hold some valuable information.
Fernando
KenS

Post by KenS »

A couple of things to check:
1) Is the sensor detecting wheel rotations? Make sure the magnet is passing close enough to the sensor
2) Have you set the wheel diameter in the iPro?
-- Ken
BruceK

Post by BruceK »

KenS wrote:A couple of things to check:
1) Is the sensor detecting wheel rotations? Make sure the magnet is passing close enough to the sensor
2) Have you set the wheel diameter in the iPro?
Thanks for the suggestions. For one reason or another, the iPro will not record speed data from the Bontrager Speed/Cadence sensor. The SPCD sensor works fine with my Garmin 305 Indoors. After much trial and error, I went out and bought a Bontrager ANT+ Speed Sensor (no cadence). The iPro has no problem pairing with the SPD sensor and now the unit records speed, and therefore, watts. Now, on with the calibration ride...

Cheers,

Bruce