Can't Download New Firmware - iBike Freezes

graphaelian

Can't Download New Firmware - iBike Freezes

Post by graphaelian »

I’m having a problem downloading new firmware to my iBike and can’t seem to fix it. My iBike is one of the older models, purchased in August of ’06. For the longest time I used version 1.07, and the older version of iBike for Windows.

I upgraded to iBike 2.0 (which works fine), but can’t seem to get 1.16 to download to my iBike.

When I try to download one of two things happens…

•The iBike “hangs up” – that is to say it looks like the firmware is downloading but it moves slowly and never completes – in fact it never even gets 50% of the way there
•Or, I get an error message saying something to the effect of “Error Downloading First Part of Software” and then it just freezes

When the iBike freezes and the only way to bring it back to life is to remove the battery and re-install it. I can’t even download an older version of the firmware at this point. In fact it won’t download at all.

Is my iBike not compatible w Windows 2.0 and/or firmware 1.16? Is it something else that I’m missing? Any thoughts? Thanks in advance for your help.

gene r
iodaniell

Re: Can't Download New Firmware - iBike Freezes

Post by iodaniell »

Did you extract from the iBike_1-16.ZIP the .ENC file?
NoRacer's Bones in Motion (BiM) blog
Track me "live" - Username: NoRacer / Password: track.NoRacer
Twitter: http://twitter.com/NoRacer

2009 mileage = 14,738 miles; 2010 mileage = 15,239 miles
2006 mileage = 10,034 miles; 2007 mileage = 11,337 miles; 2008 mileage = 11,986 miles;
graphaelian

Post by graphaelian »

I did extract the files. The download starts but crawls and doesn't go anywhere. The iBike screen goes blank as well, something that's never happened before. Thanks for the suggestion however.

I know there is communication between the iBike and my PC becuase I can get the serial # and current firmware from the iBike.

Gene
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Do the following:

1) Download the 1.16 firmware from our website: http://www.ibikesports.com/downloads.html

2) Place the downloaded zip folder on your desktop. Double click to unzip.

3) Place the firmware file iBike116.enc on your desktop. Check the size of the file: it should be 256 KB. If the file is smaller than this then you have not placed the correct file on your desktop

4) Remove your iBike battery, insert it backwards to reset the iBike, then reinsert. Your iBike should light-up normally. If it doesn't then your firmware has been "fried" and you'll need to return your iBike to us for reprogramming.

5) Assuming your iBike is OK, then use your iBike 2 software to load the 116 firmware. Make sure you select the file ibike116.enc as the firmware to upload.
John Hamann