Power readings way out.

norbs

Power readings way out.

Post by norbs »

I went for a ride yesterday and my power readings were about 5 times what I would expect.

I did the wind calibration in my garage and the wind speed looked fine when I stopped. I havent done a tilt calibration for a few rides. I noticed after the ride that my rear tyre was at 80 PSI, not the normal 95PSI.

I only have the iSport, so I cant interrogate the data.

I was putting out over 600 watts on a piece of road I normally put out 200 for the same speed. Yes there was a 10kph head wind, but I dont think it should have that effect.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Power readings way out.

Post by Velocomp »

Do you have the GT version, so that you can send your iSport data to another device?

It looks like you have wacky watts for the first five minutes of the ride. If so, then do a new tilt calibration, and check to be certain your mount is very tight on your bike, so that it cannot rotate.
John Hamann
norbs

Re: Power readings way out.

Post by norbs »

Velocomp wrote:Do you have the GT version, so that you can send your iSport data to another device?

It looks like you have wacky watts for the first five minutes of the ride. If so, then do a new tilt calibration, and check to be certain your mount is very tight on your bike, so that it cannot rotate.

I think it is the GT version John.

I send the data to my Edge 800, that is how I see it on Strava and Garmin Connect.

I turned the unit off after the first few minutes so as it didnt keep sending bad data to the Garmin.

The mount is the stem mount, so no way it can rotate. I will try and give it another go tomorrow and see what happens.