connect iBike to computer and all ride info is erased

Bike4Him

connect iBike to computer and all ride info is erased

Post by Bike4Him »

After finishing the last 2 rides I connected the iBike to the computer and noticed that all ride info was erased on the iBike screen.
The info was still in the iBike and I was able to download and save the ride.
I don't have WKO+ or any other software and do my own spreadsheets, tracking, and training plans.
I can find TSS and NP in the software but wonder why it gets erased.

Any thoughts?
Thanks.
travispape
Site Admin

Re: connect iBike to computer and all ride info is erased

Post by travispape »

Did you get an answer to your question? After a period of a few hours, the ride file is automatically reset in the unit. This is to prevent people from accidentally continuing rides that were completed previously.

As you found, the way to see your ride stats, including TSS, IF, and NP, is to download the ride files in the SW.
Bike4Him

Re: connect iBike to computer and all ride info is erased

Post by Bike4Him »

travispape wrote:Did you get an answer to your question? After a period of a few hours, the ride file is automatically reset in the unit. This is to prevent people from accidentally continuing rides that were completed previously.

As you found, the way to see your ride stats, including TSS, IF, and NP, is to download the ride files in the SW.

I never did get an answer and the next time I connected the iBike to the computer it did not erase anything.
I'm sure it was user error and I jumped the gun on posting the question.
Thanks for the info on the ride file reset.