Cracked case after 1 yr

bjrmd

Cracked case after 1 yr

Post by bjrmd »

Hi
I have a Gen 3 i-aero. The case cracked and I attempted to return it a couple of months ago but was told it was out of warranty. It was an early unit, not sure if that mattered. Any idea on how much it would cost to fix? I was a bit surprised that the company would not repair it since the cracking was a common design flaw and no fault of mine. BTW I was a early adopter of the original, and gen 2 i-aero.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Cracked case after 1 yr

Post by Velocomp »

Since 2005 our warranty has been one year long.

We understand that people don't keep receipts and that it's easy to lose track of time. In fact, your iAero was purchased October 19, 2008, slightly more than two years ago.

We received an email from you on March 22 2010 reporting that your case had cracked. You asked if your unit was still under warranty and we responded "no". We have no record of you inquiring about repair costs. We had not heard anything from you since then until this forum posting.

There are many reasons a case can crack; sometimes it is because people crash their bikes; sometimes it is because the iBike is dropped; sometimes it is because of a manufacturing issue. Sometimes the reason is a mystery.

As time goes on the probability increases that problems are the result of normal wear and tear. This is why we (and most manufacturers) have time-limited warranties.

But at our company, when a unit goes out of warranty we still try to be understanding and reasonable when a repair is possible; we have no desire to get rich because of a customer problem.

For out-of-warranty units with cracked cases, and assuming that the electronics have not been damaged, we will replace the plastics and check out everything for $34,+$10 shipping. As long as you did not ride with your unit in the rain you should be OK.
John Hamann
bjrmd

Post by bjrmd »

Thanks--I will send it in with a check.
I did not mean any disrespect. A repair was never offered and before reading the forums (which i have not done for some time) I had no idea it was repairable.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

No problem; we'll do our best to get your unit repaired as soon as possible!
John Hamann