Sensors and Wind Cal

Avanti

Sensors and Wind Cal

Post by Avanti »

Hi all,

Just bought a second wireless mount different to my original as I went for a Stem mounted mount this time to fit onto my Race Bike. Couple of questions:

1. I went about fitting the IBIKE Sensors to my racebike (My original runs off the Garmin Speed/Cadence sensor). I decided it looked cleaner to mount the speed sensor on the front wheel and the cadence sensor on the non drive side chain stay. All looked good, I scanned for sensors and got speed and also HR but no cadence. I read the forums and tried a hard reset on the cadence sensor and also replaced the battery, I run a magnet over the sensor and hear the audible click so I know its working. I got to thinking how does the IBIKE register if it's a speed or cadence sensor ? Because the sensors I have are printed speed / cadence sensor...Is there something I'm missing?

2. After alot of mucking around I decide to pull the sensors off and transfer the Garmin sensors over, presto it works. I then go out and attempt a cal ride, my stem mount is mounted perfect just past the end of the head stem with no disturbance to air coming in. It's rock solid and not moving. The cal ride was a disaster, wind speed caried from 100kmh to -40. This affected wheel speed as well. I could not get a good cal ride. I made sure I followed all the steps from my previous successful cal rides and wind was calm. I again changed batteries and did numerous wind cals but finally gave up. Any suggestions?

3. Finally sorry this is alot of questions, is there any way of recovering deleted data off the IBIKE? Doubtful I know, but I'm also hopeful.

Thanks in advance guys.