Fitness Test goof-up

aytchkay

Fitness Test goof-up

Post by aytchkay »

I've started doing longer rides outside here in the Chicago area (finally!) so while riding last weekend I came to an area where I figured I could ride for 20 mins without stopping (difficult to do in the City) so I decided to do the 'Fitness Test'. I fumbled around my Gen 3 iPro until I realized that the fitness test is found in "setup". But I could not remember how to set it up.
Long story short: I said "yes" to my total weight WITH the bike and "yes" to 'female' without realizing it - wrong weight and wrong gender!
So my question is, 'can I erase the result of my first fitness test?' or, Do I just perform another which will (hopefully) update my 'fitness' ?

So far my Gen 3 is far superior to my Gen 1! Thanks,
howard
in Chicago
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Fitness Test goof-up

Post by Velocomp »

You can determine your correct Watts-per-kilogram by taking the number shown on your fitness test result, multiplying it by your total weight, then dividing it by your body weight. That will give a correct W/KG number.

Then, you can use the Fast Fitness book to determine your fitness level. (Select the "Male" table...) :D

If you want to use the built-in workouts you'll need to do the fitness test again. Sorry!

Note that if you're in a big city you can "suspend" the fitness test by clicking the center button. It will say "hold". Then, when you're ready to resume click the center button again.
John Hamann