Interval sets and fitness test w/3.08

R Mc

Interval sets and fitness test w/3.08

Post by R Mc »

1. Overall, I like the programmed interval sets--especially the display toggling between time and hr.

BUT, I experienced some weirdness yesterday that I wasn't prepared for. I'll re-read the manual, but here's what happened. Pre-ride, I loaded my planned interval set (which was the level 7 strength w/o #3) to the ibike. Went out, warmed up, pressed and held the right arrow key and got dumped into the fitness intervals. Wasn't expecting that. Couldn't figure out, whilst riding, how to get to MY programmed intervals, as opposed to the pre-loaded ones.

Decided to use the pre-loaded interval sets (since they were almost identical to what I was going to do anyway). That went ok, except that I discovered that installing the new firmware must have zeroed out the results from my previous fitness test. Thus, the interval sets displayed no watts target. More oddly, each 3 minute interval displayed -31.2 as an avg. spd (and the rest intervals displayed 14.2). I suspect that stuff will go away once I re-do the fitness test. It would be nice if I could manually enter or edit that fitness test number.

In other areas, so far it appears that the cross-wind performance has been greatly improved: yay!
racerfern

Re: Interval sets and fitness test w/3.08

Post by racerfern »

Got to the setup screen Fit CFG
Answer NO to FAT,Cardio and Strength
Then answer no to USR. USR is very similar to laps. FYI, the difference between this and laps is that the USR interval shows watts and AVG watts for that section. In actual laps you don't get to see the laps for that section until you end the lap.
The next choice is iB3. This means you are going to use the interval set created in iB3 software.

Yes, the new FW did zero out the w/kg although it does save the fitness level. Time to pedal your a** off for 20 minutes.
Fernando
R Mc

Re: Interval sets and fitness test w/3.08

Post by R Mc »

Thanks--I just figured that out--