Oops! Log file full

turbomentor

Oops! Log file full

Post by turbomentor »

Forgot to dump my Log file before riding (it was pretty full).

With 6 miles left to go in my ride, I get the msg on my iAero that the log is full.

How does the IB handle this situation? Looking at my totals screen, the entire ride shows up, it's not saved in a log file. Is it possible to fix this somehow? In other words, can I possibly recover the data that is in the totals (somehow) but not logged?

Thanks for the help.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Oops! Log file full

Post by Velocomp »

You've probably lost your last ride. You can try to close out the ride file by doing a Trip Reset; that may allow things to work.

If it doesn't work then you'll need to erase your ride memory and start new.

Once the memory is full the iBike will continue to report numbers on the screen but it won't record the ride file.
John Hamann
Mark_H

Post by Mark_H »

Any chance this functionality could be improved? Was out on a 5 hour ride today and at hour 3 I got the log full message. Normally I'm good at deleting files but obviously forgot after last couple of rides. I lost the last two hours of data :cry:

How about deleting oldest file automatically when log is full? Or at least prompting the user.

Or is there a way to handle this while out on the road so that the log can be freed up without wiping the current ride?

Cheers,

Mark
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

When your iBike is nearly out of memory, it will automatically record the ride file as it approaches the 100% full mark.

After memory runs out, your ride file past the 100% mark won't be recorded.

At any time during a ride you can do a Trip Reset to save the ride file. Then, switch to 5 second recording to get the most mileage from your remaining memory.

It is amazingly complicated to erase ride files individually, so make sure you've erased your ride data prior to doing a big ride, or set record interval to 5 seconds so that you'll get longest use of your memory.
John Hamann
Mark_H

Post by Mark_H »

Meh. Fortunately my Garmin was recording everything too. Only thing is I cannot get the garmin file into iBike for analysing??
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Garmin files are not read by the iBike software.
John Hamann
Ali

Post by Ali »

Velocomp wrote:You've probably lost your last ride. You can try to close out the ride file by doing a Trip Reset; that may allow things to work.

If it doesn't work then you'll need to erase your ride memory and start new.

Once the memory is full the iBike will continue to report numbers on the screen but it won't record the ride file.
Seconded, a viable solution and tested.. Thanx