New mounting for Pro

lavoww

New mounting for Pro

Post by lavoww »

I have an iBike Pro and have just changed from a round upward angled stem to an Eleven81 that is more parallel to the ground and is somewhat octagon rather than round. Two questions:
1. Should I need to do a new cal ride and other settings?
2. Is there some attachments/secrets to mounting on this shape of stem? I've already broken 1 bottom clamp and the unit doesn't feel as secure on the stem (used green stickies under mount but still doesn't feel as secure as it did on old stem).
Thanks
Last edited by lavoww on Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Stem mounting for Pro

Post by Velocomp »

Yes, you will need to do a new cal ride and tilt cal.

Yes, you'll need to devise some bracket of your own to do the mounting, or purchase a Topeak Xtender from us that will allow you to use it.

This iBike product was discontinued two years ago, and since then stem shapes have changed...
John Hamann
lavoww

Re: New mounting for Pro

Post by lavoww »

Thanks for the information. I mounted the unit on my new stem and did the tilt cal, wind cal and a new cal ride but still had issues and was told, after sending in photos of the mount, that it just wasn't going to work with my new bike stem.
I put my handlebar mount on instead of the stem mount and started over again - tilt cal, wind cal and then a new cal ride. the unit is level, no wind obstructions (i.e. cables, etc. in front of the unit). I took the unit out for a spin today and I'm still seeing my watts go to 0 (zero) when I'm pedaling. Additionally It also shows a major tail wind which was not accurate. What is happening with my unit? Have I touched some other setting which is causing these problems? What am I missing here?
FYI- I checked the battery before starting the ride and it said 281 plus at mile 3.5 I stopped and opened the unit, took the battery out and reinstalled it just in case the 0 watt reading was a battery issue.
I've attached the ride file.
Attachments
iBike_01_25_2014HmmH_34_Miles.ibr
(508.05 KiB) Downloaded 462 times
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Sadly, I think your wind sensor is not functioning.
John Hamann
lavoww

Post by lavoww »

How do I rectify that?
Russ

Post by Russ »

lavoww,

You might want to try a 'hard reset', see page 62 of this pdf file on how to do a hard reset:
http://www.ibikesports.com/Download/iBi ... 09_red.pdf

Also I would try using a small plastic tube such as comes on some spray cans such as wd-40 etc (a clean new one is preferable) to stick into the wind port and 'suck' to act like a vacuum cleaner and try to clear any possible obstruction.

If those two things do not work, blowing in is what is also actually recommended on this board though I think that could make an obstruction lodge more firmly.

Also if the unit has been exposed to rain since working correctly, you might start with a couple days in a bag or rice to try to dry the unit more thoroughly and retry the small plastic tube.

Other than that, I do not know if Velocomp will still do a repair on the unit (for a fee) or not. Unsupported may mean they won't repair, not sure.

Russ
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

A Newton upgrade took care of this problem... :-)
John Hamann