ride profiles in software

rid-rider

ride profiles in software

Post by rid-rider »

just purchased my new ipro so havent had the chance to use yet. I was looking around in the software though just to get familar with the layout and options. In just glancing it appears as though ride profiles are saved outside of the software. I am used to Garmin training center where each ride is stored by date within the program but can be saved and backed up outside of the program. Makes it easy to do a quick comparison of rides within a week or month.

Does the ibike software keep a listing of all the rides within the program so that you can switch back and forth by date or do you have to open each ride file seperately to view? Didnt really explained very well but hopefully there are some former Garmin users out there who understand what I am trying to say and can provide an answer. Thanks
arkiejon

Re: ride profiles in software

Post by arkiejon »

I just Click File then Append and look at mutli files at the same time like it is one ride. When saving the rides in IBike I make sub folders with complete names. But still 2 weeks later I can't tell where I was without a gps map.

Racerfern unknownly got me started using SportsTracks, I hardly ever upload from the IPro anymore. I normally upload direct in to SportsTracks from my Garmin 705. That way it uploads the GPS map so I can see what I did and where I was at.

I hope that helped
racerfern

Re: ride profiles in software

Post by racerfern »

LOL! SportTracks is great. If importing iBike files into SportTracks just use Categories and Locations to their full potential. Also make notes that will help you identify the ride later on. You can also switch to the activity reports view and sort by any field and filter by just about anything.

Note also that the 705 doesn't record power data as accurately and faithfully as the iBike. So looking at the power data along with GPS is certainly fun but there's nothing like having the pure iBike data file imported directly into SportTracks or any other program for that matter.

These screenshots might help.

One more thing, I keep a directory structure by year > month > date of every single ride. Each subdir has the csv and tcx file along with any other info I might need.
Attachments
Categories
Categories
Picture0001.png (10.04 KiB) Viewed 3458 times
Locations
Locations
Picture0002.png (9.92 KiB) Viewed 3461 times
Activity Reports Filtered and Sorted
Activity Reports Filtered and Sorted
Picture0003.png (55.2 KiB) Viewed 3456 times
Fernando