Review Lap data on Isport?

Q&A for all things iSport
Clydeone

Review Lap data on Isport?

Post by Clydeone »

How do you review lap data on the isport after the ride? Is there a way to have it display lap data(avg) during the ride?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Review Lap data on Isport?

Post by Velocomp »

Lap data markers are recorded in the ride file. Since the iSport does not download data, you can't view lap data after the ride.

However, there is a simple trick that will get around this issue.

Instead of using the Lap Timer, select the "USR" interval feature available in the Fit Train section of the iSport (Press-hold the right arrow, select user with the left or right arrow, then click the center button to start). You'll see average watts in the top window, actual watts in the middle window, and elapsed time in the bottom window. At the end of each lap, click the center button to end the current User interval and immediately start a new user interval.

At the end of the ride, while still in the Fit Train section, use the up arrow to review each lap. You see the interval (lap) number in the top window, average watts for the lap in the center window, and lap time in the bottom window.
John Hamann
rkh

Post by rkh »

This method doesn't work for me. In the USR interval, I see the current watts. The average watts, and elapsed time, both stay at 0. Is there some setup step that I'm missing to get these to work?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

In the iSport you need firmware version 309 or above to use the USER interval. If your firmware is below this number you can return your iSport to us for a firmware update, or you can go to a bike dealer or friend who owns an iBike, and update your iSport firmware there.
John Hamann
rkh

Post by rkh »

John,
I checked in setup. rEL shows as 3_09. I assume this means my iSport is version 3.09. So what is my next step?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Please send it to us and we will upgrade your firmware.
John Hamann