"Hrt Off"

Farshad

"Hrt Off"

Post by Farshad »

Received my ipro a couple of weeks ago. From the get go I’ve had trouble with the HR strap not pairing with ibike. I kept getting “Hrt off” message after scanning. I went through all the tricks of hard resets on HR sensor, mount and the ibike as well as changing all the batteries on all three units. At the end Velocomp sent me a replacement HR strap which I received 2 nights ago and it worked right out of the box. However, I went to use it again tonight and I keep getting the “Hrt off” message again. Even after all the resets and battery changes.

Any help or fresh ideas will be greatly appreciated? Getting really tired of this!
lorduintah

Re: "Hrt Off"

Post by lorduintah »

Your skin may not be very conductive. So the HR monitor may not pick up enough voltage as your heart beats to detect any HR. The actual signal is extremely small - or you have a hairy chest?

I would suggest that you apply some saliva to the contacts on the strap that touch your thorax and see if that helps. (If you do not like that idea - then use some salt water made from tap water and a spoonful of table salt.) If it does work - you might consider buying some medical electrode gel. This is the same stuff that is used for dermal contact of many different diagnostic medical devices - EKG or EEG. Can find it at Amazon.

Lastly, some straps are actually sensitive to which way is up. So you could reverse the "top" of the strap and see if that helps.

Tom
Farshad

Re: "Hrt Off"

Post by Farshad »

Thanks Tom for your invaluable advice.

I hate to admit so publically about my hairy chest but based on your advice as soon as I opened a patch using a Gillette razor and a bit of shaving cream, I started getting a clear & strong signal from the HR strap!

Thanks again. I was ready to just throw the whole thing out! :D