SPD fail

dquirk29

SPD fail

Post by dquirk29 »

Halfway through a ride I lost my speed number. I figured the magnet moved, but it has not. Now whenever I start my I-bike it finds HR and Cad but says SPD fail.
Here is what I have done so far:
-Repaced all batteries
-made sure the speed sensor was picking up the magnet on the wheel...I can hear the "click"
-Put a piece of paper in the sensor to push the new battery closer
-put battery in upside down for 1 min to reboot, then back to normal

Strange thing is it does pick up my speed from my garmine

Please help
DQ
TriBike

Re: SPD fail

Post by TriBike »

Hello,
with the older iBike Sensors, when you replace the batteries, you will have to re-pair the sensors to the iBike unit itself. I recommend replacing all the batteries, including cadence also, and then re-pairing the sensors to the unit. Try that, and I think you will have success.
dquirk29

Post by dquirk29 »

Do you mean by doing a "scan" search in the set up? If so I have tried that also. It scans and finds my HR and Cad. Or there another way to repair?

Thanks
DQ
TriBike

Post by TriBike »

Yes,Wake the sensors by waving a magnet in front of them. press the "up" and "down" arrows simultaneously until it says scan and allow it to do so. Unit does not need to be in setup mode to do this function. Be careful that there are no other wireless sensors nearby, or the unit may pick them up. If this does not work, I believe that you will need a new spd sensor.