iAero III - keeps losing connectivity to sensors

whftherb

iAero III - keeps losing connectivity to sensors

Post by whftherb »

Hello -

I've been a happy iBike iAero-III owner for the past year and a half. Near flawless operation until just this last couple of months. I stopped riding back in Oct 2010 for reasons of my own. I came to Florida for the winter and brought my exact same bike with the exact same iBike with me that I've been using for 1.5-2 years to regenerate my interest in cycling.

Strangely, the wireless iBike unit connects, pairs successfully but fails to find the sensors. I suspect there is something wrong with the wireless mount/receiver (under the main head unit). I believe this because the iBike computer succesfully connects to my laptop through the USB adapter/mount without problem. 5 brand new batteries all around. I have "flipped" the batteries over for a moment to clear the sensors, the iBike and the receiver/mount. I listen for the Cad and Spd sensors and I can hear them clicking. I remove and clean the contacts on the wireless mount/receiver and computer unit, thinking that it's probably dirty contacts, cleaning the contacts with a soft cloth or a pencil eraser and sometimes I can bring it back. 10 minutes later, it's off again. I attempt to rescan and 90% of the time it fails. When it does work, it only works for about 10-15 minutes and then loses the sensors again. I haven't brought it outside to ride it since it basically fails inside the house.

Please - can someone tell me what do I do to resolve this? Up to now, it's been perfect.

Thanks.

Herb
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: iAero III - keeps losing connectivity to sensors

Post by Velocomp »

It's hard to tell what is going on. Please send your iBike and mount to us and we will check it out.
John Hamann
wimpy

Post by wimpy »

Herb
Have you tried to pair your sensors ? When you remove the batteries from the sensors (sensors only and not the new speed /cadence sensor) they set a new code which your Ibike will not recognize until the pairing sequence is done again.
wimpy

Post by wimpy »

My guess is the battery in the mount had discharged, rendering it incapable of receiving the signal from the sensors. The natural response is to replace all of the batteries at once, this can cause frustration and confusion . See note above
jasonod

Post by jasonod »

Did you ever get your unit/mount/sensors to work? Your problem sounds like exactly what is happening to me. Sometimes I will get the sensors to pair, even starting my ride, but then I ultimately get the wireless fail message. I have changed all the batteries, done hard resets, rescanned ... you name it. I thought things were working okay only to show up for 2 big events this summer- Mt. Evans Hill Climb and the Deer Creek Challenge- only to have it not working. Any advice you have would be appreciated.