Repeated SPD FAIL/SPD FOUND messages

rainer

Repeated SPD FAIL/SPD FOUND messages

Post by rainer »

During the last few weeks I'm experiencing problems with my wireless unit. Repeatedly, "SPD FAIL" flashes up, followed a moment later by "SPD FOUND" (after I pressed the center button). On a bad day, this can happen in 30-second intervals, but it surely happens once in 15 minutes.

- Batteries are fresh, of course.

- I did a hard reset (repeatedly) on the sensor, on the wireless unit, and on the ibike with no success.

- I moved the speed sensor to a different location in case my legs are blocking the signal. Now, it's 1,20 m away from the unit (on the rear wheel), with no obstacles in between. I do hear the clicking sound when the magnet passes by.

- No problems at all with the heart rate sensor. Heart rate is shown all the time, so it shouldn't be the wireless unit itself.

Can anybody help?

Cheers

Rainer
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Repeated SPD FAIL/SPD FOUND messages

Post by Velocomp »

Try changing the battery in your speed sensor. Insert backwards to do a hard reset, insert normally, then wave magnet past sensor to activate it. Wait 1 minute before pairing.
John Hamann
rainer

Post by rainer »

That's just what I did. I will try again and report what happens.
rainer

Post by rainer »

No, that didn't help. SPD FAIL again. Too bad.

Multimeter readings of the batteries: 3.08 V on the sensor, 2.97 V on the wireless unit.
gmc219

Post by gmc219 »

I have been having the same problem with my Gen III for about a month. I have been able to get it to work occasionally but this last time I can't get it to pair at all. It will say "speed found" then won't pair HR or Power then when say "SPD Fail" I have changed the batteries twice. I know my PM is transmitting because my Timex Gobal is picking it up. Appreciate any assistance.
gmc219

Post by gmc219 »

I was able to get mine working again. I put another new battery in, even though it said it was good. Winter time is coming, I guess I better order another pack of 50 batteries or so to get through the winter.
rainer

Post by rainer »

I finally solved the problem by moving the sensor to the front wheel. The signal seems to be too weak when coming from the rear wheel.