Wireless Scan Not Reading Anything

triadamlete

Wireless Scan Not Reading Anything

Post by triadamlete »

Hi. Just got the iAero Gen III. I'm trying to use it with the ibike wireless sensors. No question, the HR monitor should work without worrying about installing the speed/cadence sensors correctly. However, it does not. When I do the scan, it doesn't find anything. The head unit is installed on my bike. I assume it's correct.

I was able to instantly pair the HR monitor though with my Garmin Edge 705, so I know the signal is going out from the HR monitor, the mount isn't picking it up. Any recommendations? Need to know anything else?

Adam
lorduintah

Re: Wireless Scan Not Reading Anything

Post by lorduintah »

First thing to do is a hard reset - remove the battery from the iBike and flip it over and put it back in the case for 10 seconds. Then take it out and place it back correctly. Put the battery cover back on and retry the pairing after putting the unit back on the wireless mount.. This may include going in to setup and flipping through the screens to the SCAN screen and press the center button to start a search - make sure that the sensors are awake by passing a magnet over them. Have the HR monitor strapped on, too.
triadamlete

Post by triadamlete »

ok, i hard reset all sensors, including wireless mount and the unit. Sometimes i get a SPD FAIL error, sometimes the scan goes on forever. but no luck. Also have new batteries and tried that out in the wireless mount. Still does not pick up the HR monitor

HR monitor is never picked up. None of the sensors are, but find it strange that the HR monitor wouldn't given the garmin picks it right up. Could it just be a defective wireless mount. Unit is brand new, so I don't know if that would be the case.

Been working on setup now for about 10 hours over last few days. this is pretty frustrating. did i get a lemon?
rcmaps

Post by rcmaps »

lorduintah wrote:First thing to do is a hard reset - remove the battery from the iBike and flip it over and put it back in the case for 10 seconds.
Then take it out and place it back correctly. Put the battery cover back on....
Try doing a hard reset on ALL units including the wireless mount as described above.

Then WAIT for 1-2 minutes BEFORE retry pairing the sensors by first waving magnets over all sensors, put on HRM then put iBike on wireless mount and going into SETUP and SCAN wireless function.

This usually works.
triadamlete

Post by triadamlete »

tried that. did not work. it does not even find the HR monitor. is it required to find the SPD/Cadence first? doesn't seem like that would be the case, but curious.
lorduintah

Post by lorduintah »

What does the battery read out say in the iBike - both unmounted and after mounting on the wireless?

It is possible you have a mount battery that is low on voltage. If not send a note to Velocomp.

Tom
triadamlete

Post by triadamlete »

the battery voltage is 280 or so off the mount, 281 on the mount. with the new battery in the mount, it goes up to 285. i read something about the wattage going up on the mount, but i couldn't find how much.

since i bought this from a friend's tri club who is partnered with velocomp, they're going to send me a new wireless mount. but i'm concerned it may be something else, like my own idiocy, then a bad wireless mount. so any more advice would be helpful!

Adam
FelicianoVASA

Post by FelicianoVASA »

It happened with me. The small contact (positive) was the issue. Bad battery contact. resolve by adjusting that small connector.

Feliciano from Portugal