HR pairing with isport firmware 3.11 and garmin

Atom

HR pairing with isport firmware 3.11 and garmin

Post by Atom »

I've got an issue pairing a new garmin ant + hr strap with an isport ,wireless mount, with firmware 3.11. Both cadence and speed pair up no issues. When I click find for the HR setup, it just continues to blink find and will not pair up. Flipped batteries for both the strap and the isport, no luck. Any ideas?

Thanks
atimmer

Re: HR pairing with isport firmware 3.11 and garmin

Post by atimmer »

shoot me an email at atimmer at velocomp dot com for tech support
lorduintah

Post by lorduintah »

If the HR strap is not picking up on your heart beat - you will not get any pairing. A few posts have mentioned rotating the strap around your chest to find the best position to pick up the electrical impulses from you heart. Have you identified that you have a HR monitor on the Garmin?

It is possible that the HR strap is either defective or you need a conductor to help make contact with your skin. I tend to spit on each side (left/right) of the strap where the sensors make contact with my skin. Now it might also be that you have a very hairy chest?

Things you might try. You contact with tech support may find other issues that lead to a solution.

Tom
Atom

Post by Atom »

Hi Tom

Thanks for your suggestions. I already tried your ideas, and the garmin strap is new (Possible problem). Hair is not a problem as I have little hair on my body.
lorduintah

Post by lorduintah »

Does the Garmin register your heart rate? That would help eliminate the strap as an issue.

Tom