Sending profile to iBike problem

dtrousdale

Sending profile to iBike problem

Post by dtrousdale »

I have a road bike and a TT bike, and just completed installing wireless on the TT bike. Wireless worked fine on the road bike, and now works fine on the TT bike. Today I sent the road bike profile to the iBike to try this for the first time, and wireless failed on the road bike. I've sent the road bike profile now several times using the buttons in both "Edit Profiles" menu and the "Send Profile to iBike" item under the Profiles menu. It still does not work. When I send my TT bike profile to the iBike, wireless works just fine. Finally, I double-checked to see if anything is being sent to the iBike, like the total weight which is clearly different for each bike, and something is being sent. Please do not tell me I need to re-pair this every time I switch bikes. It was my understanding that the pairing codes were saved in each profile.
travispape
Site Admin

Re: Sending profile to iBike problem

Post by travispape »

dtrousdale wrote:I have a road bike and a TT bike, and just completed installing wireless on the TT bike. Wireless worked fine on the road bike, and now works fine on the TT bike. Today I sent the road bike profile to the iBike to try this for the first time, and wireless failed on the road bike. I've sent the road bike profile now several times using the buttons in both "Edit Profiles" menu and the "Send Profile to iBike" item under the Profiles menu. It still does not work. When I send my TT bike profile to the iBike, wireless works just fine. Finally, I double-checked to see if anything is being sent to the iBike, like the total weight which is clearly different for each bike, and something is being sent. Please do not tell me I need to re-pair this every time I switch bikes. It was my understanding that the pairing codes were saved in each profile.
Yes, the wireless IDs are saved in each profile. They are written in at the time that you download and save your coast-downs and 4-mi ride.

I'm not sure why things went wrong for you, but here is what you can do for your road bike:

* Put your iBike on the road bike wireless mount
* Do the battery flip procedure to get everything paired. Also do a tilt calibration while you are at it.
* Attach the iBike to the computer
* Launch iBike 2 and open "Edit Profiles..."
* Select your road bike profile in the list
* Press the button "Advanced Profile Settings..."
* Press both of the buttons "Get from iBike" to get the wireless IDs and your nominal tilt cal
* Click "Accept"
* Click "Send to iBike"
* Click "Accept"

Email me if this still doesn't work for you.
dtrousdale

Re: Sending profile to iBike problem

Post by dtrousdale »

travispape wrote:
dtrousdale wrote:I have a road bike and a TT bike, and just completed installing wireless on the TT bike. Wireless worked fine on the road bike, and now works fine on the TT bike. Today I sent the road bike profile to the iBike to try this for the first time, and wireless failed on the road bike. I've sent the road bike profile now several times using the buttons in both "Edit Profiles" menu and the "Send Profile to iBike" item under the Profiles menu. It still does not work. When I send my TT bike profile to the iBike, wireless works just fine. Finally, I double-checked to see if anything is being sent to the iBike, like the total weight which is clearly different for each bike, and something is being sent. Please do not tell me I need to re-pair this every time I switch bikes. It was my understanding that the pairing codes were saved in each profile.
Yes, the wireless IDs are saved in each profile. They are written in at the time that you download and save your coast-downs and 4-mi ride.

I'm not sure why things went wrong for you, but here is what you can do for your road bike:

* Put your iBike on the road bike wireless mount
* Do the battery flip procedure to get everything paired. Also do a tilt calibration while you are at it.
* Attach the iBike to the computer
* Launch iBike 2 and open "Edit Profiles..."
* Select your road bike profile in the list
* Press the button "Advanced Profile Settings..."
* Press both of the buttons "Get from iBike" to get the wireless IDs and your nominal tilt cal
* Click "Accept"
* Click "Send to iBike"
* Click "Accept"

Email me if this still doesn't work for you.
Thank you, Travis. I finally got around to working on this, and your procedure worked. However, once I got wireless working again on my road bike, it then failed on my TT bike. I completed the same procedure you recommended below on my TT bike. Now wireless works on both bikes, and I can switch back and forth with no problem. So it seems like the wireless IDs are not being saved automatically in the profiles stored in iBike2, or are being deleted when a second bike is added, and have to be imported directly and saved for both bikes.