New Owner- Paring Issues - Setup confusion

Thomas

New Owner- Paring Issues - Setup confusion

Post by Thomas »

Hi,
New owner of a Powerpod v4 here. I have yet to take my first ride, however, have spent roughly 3 hours trying to understand how to setup my first profile on the Isaac software and connect sensors etc...

After many tries I learnt from this forum how to perform a factory reset. It seems I can only pair devices after I perform a factory reset? and if I have NOT created a profile in Isaac Software.
If I create a profile in Isaac via the Setup guide when I try to pair a device the Green LED flashes continuously and does not pair(no red light or solid green light - just flashing )

What works for me:
1. Factory Reset
2. Pair devices
3. Plug into computer and follow setup guide
4. Edit Profile and on Sensors Tab select "Get from Device". (the device ID's are now shown)
5. Now do I perform the 10 Min O&B calibration ride? somewhat confused here as the quick start guide does not mention Isaac Software , whereas the QR Code supplied in box links to 10minute O&B instructions?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: New Owner- Paring Issues - Setup confusion

Post by Velocomp »

Do the following:

0) Set up your rider height/weight profile in Isaac. In the last step, select "best accuracy".

1) Look at your speed, cadence, and HR sensors, and make sure they show the ANT+ icon on them. PP pairs to ANT+ sensors (it's OK if the sensors also have the Bluetooth icon on them too).

2) Wake up your sensors (spin wheel, spin crank, wear HR strap). Confirm they are operational by looking at your bike computer screen. Spin the wheel/turn the crank and confirm that you see speed/cadence/HR readings on your bike computer.

3) Press-hold PP button for 4 seconds, until it starts to flash green. Release the button. You will see light flash red 3 times when cadence is found, then turn solid green, then off. Pairing is complete

4) Do a calibration ride as described in the instructions.
John Hamann
Thomas

Re: New Owner- Paring Issues - Setup confusion

Post by Thomas »

Thanks John,

Sensors all connected and calibration complete.