PowerPod v3 can't connect to cadence sensor & high starting power

shellylowen

PowerPod v3 can't connect to cadence sensor & high starting power

Post by shellylowen »

I have two bikes - one bike shows cadence and heart rate, the other bike is missing these two, which means my PowerStroke upgrade won't work. I'm wondering what I can do to get both these metrics. To start the ride - I spun my front wheel, spun my pedals, turned on my heart monitor, and then turned on the PowerPod. Afterwards I turned on my Garmin which shows all the metrics. Included is the last ride on the bike that won't show cadence and has an unrealistic power level at the start.
Attachments
Velocomp_11_09_2020_1305_36_Miles_HiDef.ibr
file with no cadence, heart, and high power at start
(1.23 MiB) Downloaded 231 times
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: PowerPod v3 can't connect to cadence sensor & high starting power

Post by Velocomp »

The high watts at the very beginning is where PP is recalibrating itself to your different bike. This is normal and disappears in 90 seconds. If you want you can use Isaac to remove the first 90 seconds of the ride.

Please post a ride file from your other bike, a file where you see cadence and HR data.
John Hamann
shellylowen

Post by shellylowen »

Here's my other bike file with all the sensors working.
Attachments
Velocomp_11_08_2020_1240_11_Miles.ibr
(125.83 KiB) Downloaded 202 times
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Your other bike is working just fine.

Here is what I would do:

0) Connect your PP to Isaac, and make sure it is set to profile 2 (your "non cadence" bike)

1) For bike 2, the "non cadence" bike, place it physically at least 100 feet away from bike 1, your "good cadence" bike.

2) Awaken the speed, HR and cadence sensors of bike 2. Confirm on your Garmin that you see non-zero speed, HR and cadence numbers

3) Do a new sensor scan. As the scan progresses, look for a flashing red light 3 times; this indicates that your cadence sensor has been found. Afterwards the light will turn solid green.

4) Do a new cal ride

Hopefully this will fix things.
John Hamann