Introducing SmartBoost for eBikes

Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Introducing SmartBoost for eBikes

Post by Velocomp »

Though the members of this forum are all about regular bikes with power meters, eBikes are an exploding category of bikes and, frankly, they can be a lot of fun to ride.

eBikes offer cyclists a way to ride with less effort and more confidence. But what eBikes lack is the "feel" of a regular bike; this is because of the poor coordination between motor output and the rider's pedaling effort. Most eBikes feel artificial and disconnected from the cyclist.

In the past we have alluded to work we have been doing in the eBike category. Here is what we have been up to...

At Eurobike we premiered our "SmartBoost" solution for eBikes. Those of you familiar with Velocomp technology will see that we have applied opposing force measurements (cleverly, in my view :D ) to deliver a smooth, natural, fun eBike experience.

I'm attaching portions of a presentation we will be making to eBike customers. It describes how SmartBoost works, and shows with data the kind of performance that SmartBoost delivers. You'll see that, no matter what the ride route is like, SmartBoost lets the rider pedal with just 100W of effort... :lol:

To answer a question that you might be asking: NO, SmartBoost is not available for sale to individuals. We will be selling to eBike manufacturers, who will incorporate SmartBoost into their eBike offerings.

Enjoy!
Attachments
SMARTBOOST_V3_pub.pdf
(8.89 MiB) Downloaded 108 times
John Hamann
lorduintah

Re: Introducing SmartBoost for eBikes

Post by lorduintah »

Sounds like a winner -

I hope all the eBike companies jump on board - and that your PATENT coverage is broad enough to keep them from coming up with their own private solutions -

Tom Anderson
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Introducing SmartBoost for eBikes

Post by Velocomp »

lorduintah wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:36 am Sounds like a winner -

I hope all the eBike companies jump on board - and that your PATENT coverage is broad enough to keep them from coming up with their own private solutions -

Tom Anderson
Yup, lots of patents too...
John Hamann