What's your fitness score and watts/kg?

GWPOS

Re: What's your fitness score and watts/kg?

Post by GWPOS »

Wow is all I have to say about this unit. For the money spent it is great. I am a first time power meter user and most definitely a bike addict. I race xc mtb and just this last week did my CP tests (critical power). Using the numbers I collected:

watt/kg= 3.92 lvl 5
5 min =4.49 lvl 5
1 min =8.1 lvl 5
5 sec =20.37 lvl 8

Not sure I did it all right but these are what I got.
roadrash

Post by roadrash »

49 y.o.
level 6 @ 3.85 w/kg

I trained hard this summer, but this is my first fitness test and it was done on my new Kinetic stationary trainer w/ iBike in trainer mode. I don't know if this makes the fitness results more or less accurate than if I had done it on the road. I did have the correct trainer profile in the iBike.
wimpy

Post by wimpy »

I am 54 ,wt 188 novice (less than 1 year on bike)
I scored a level 4
watts/kg 3.04,
FTP 263
John said he is going to take my Ibike away from me :o
iRacing.com

Post by iRacing.com »

pjboyle wrote:Or south Louisiana!

PJBoyle
Hey South Louisiana isn't THAT flat, for every dried up bayou, slew you ride down into, you have to ride up out of. Not to mention all the bridges. Wanna thrill, ride over the Sunshine Bridge. :)
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Velocomp wrote: March 29, 2009

I was aiming for a fitness level 3 but only got to a 2; that's the bad news. The good news is that my W/KG was 2.31, up from 2.15 last fall. My average watts were 240, up 20W from last fall.

It is EXTREMELY CLEAR what I need to do in order to improve; more cycling, less eating. That is what I am working on now and I am going to use the built-in interval workouts to aid in my training.
As some of you know, between October and mid November of 2009 I lost over 30 pounds, in part through dieting and in part through using the iBike's calorie counting mechanism during my rides to keep track of my calories burned (37,000 calories during the diet period).

Today (December 13) I completed a Fitness Test: W/KG was 3.21, FTP was 277W, average watts were 288, fitness level 4. There was no strength training involved in this result; it is just the result of taking care of my body!

It is great to have made this progress. Now, I am going to try the strength training intervals and see what they can do for my performance.
John Hamann
doofus

Post by doofus »

great work john

flogging myself with your product has helped me go from 325w@FTP (71 kilos) in September to 335w. after some VO2 work in Jan-Feb, maybe I can put another 5w on that before the racing starts.

I dig this little black gadget.