Struggling with the PowerPod

SoaringBear

Re: Struggling with the PowerPod

Post by SoaringBear »

Before I saw your reply John I went out and was able to get PP to pair. Got it to go to solid yellow. Got it to go to alternating Red/Green. Got it to go to flashing yellow. Watched wattage go up. However, it went up really quickly. Got up to 50 watts in about .5 miles.

Turned Trainer Mode to Off. Didn't help. Get yellow glowing. Press to start. Ride and never get flashing red/green.

Many hours spent on this ...
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

SoaringBear wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:01 pm Before I saw your reply John I went out and was able to get PP to pair. Got it to go to solid yellow. Got it to go to alternating Red/Green. Got it to go to flashing yellow. Watched wattage go up. However, it went up really quickly. Got up to 50 watts in about .5 miles.

Turned Trainer Mode to Off. Didn't help. Get yellow glowing. Press to start. Ride and never get flashing red/green.

Many hours spent on this ...
Please email technicalsupport@velocomp.com for next steps
John Hamann
SoaringBear

Post by SoaringBear »

Hi All, I received excellent technical support and my PP is set up properly now. I appreciate the support I received.
AlanChiro

Post by AlanChiro »

I live in the UK and have just had my first 5 months using powerpod.
Initially all was good, power seemed to pretty much mirror the figures I get on my Wahoo indoor trainer which is suited well.
But I started to get some issues once the weather turned in autumn. When starting rides numbers were good, then after a while out power would drop and sometimes be showing 0 or ver very low watts even wheh riding at good speeds and with heart rate in the upper zones.
Having read some of the findings here I decided to move the powerpod unit from underneath my head unit to a space a little more to one side. Tow rides in and the power doesn't seem to be dropping off.
I'm wondering if the improvement is liekly because the unit is no longer in line with the front tyre which reduces the chance of water spraying on it and maybe more imporantly damp dirt from the road not being as liely to be getting into the airport bit.

One other thing I foound in passing. I was using Decathlon speed and cadence sensors and noting speed and power would occasionally pause for a few seconds. I changed to Wahoo sensors and that doesn't happen at all now
spangelsaregreat

Post by spangelsaregreat »

Mounting off centre is definitely better to reduce spray getting in the wind port and blocking it.
Rembert

Post by Rembert »

SoaringBear wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:21 pm Hi All, I received excellent technical support and my PP is set up properly now. I appreciate the support I received.
So why would one post "solved" without giving the information what exactly helped? I am having exactly the same problem and no clue as how you got help :-(

Hopefully you read this and remember. I´d really like to use my PP again...
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Please email technicalsupport@velocomp.com

I have no idea what advice Tom offered and perhaps he will remember (this was 3 years ago...)
John Hamann