Powerpod not transmitting data to the head unit

Enriquecj

Powerpod not transmitting data to the head unit

Post by Enriquecj »

My Power Pod is not transmitting data to my head unit, a Wahoo RFLKT. It had been working very well, but yesterday i can´t see power data on the head unit, but after the ride, I uploaded the file to my computer, and it look normal.

BTW I update the FW version of the PP before the ride to 6.24

Thanks
Attachments
iBike_11_08_2017_0437_58_km Maxi - Madrugando con Diego.ibr
(545.86 KiB) Downloaded 209 times
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Powerpod not transmitting data to the head unit

Post by Velocomp »

Do the following:

1) Wake up your speed sensor

2) Wake up your PP. You should see its light show solid green

3) Perform a pairing with your Wahoo.

Hopefully this will fix things.
John Hamann
Colnago62

Post by Colnago62 »

This was the same problem I was having. In addition to getting a new unit, I did a reset of my IPhone’s network setting and deleted the Wahoo Bolt from the Phone and visa versa. It seemed to work for the one ride I have done. I figured out that it wasn’t the PP by connecting my old Garmin, which worked fine. I think the problem began for me after the firmware update on my phone. I saw others complaining of problems online.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Colnago62 wrote:This was the same problem I was having. In addition to getting a new unit, I did a reset of my IPhone’s network setting and deleted the Wahoo Bolt from the Phone and visa versa. It seemed to work for the one ride I have done. I figured out that it wasn’t the PP by connecting my old Garmin, which worked fine. I think the problem began for me after the firmware update on my phone. I saw others complaining of problems online.
Hmm...you say you deleted the Wahoo Bolt from your iPhone and visa versa?

There is a big limitation of BLE technology; namely, that BLE sensors can be paired only to one other device. This is VERY different from ANT, where one sensor can be paired to many devices.

If, for some reason, your PP was paired to your iPhone (maybe an app on your iPhone?), then PP would NOT pair to the Wahoo Bolt. Again, this is a limitation of BLE, not PP.
John Hamann
Enriquecj

Post by Enriquecj »

I tried to reset my speed sensor and my iphone network settings, however I still don’t see power data on the head unit or in my phone with the app wahoo fitness, I would need to try with a new head unit :cry:
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Enriquecj wrote:I tried to reset my speed sensor and my iphone network settings, however I still don’t see power data on the head unit or in my phone with the app wahoo fitness, I would need to try with a new head unit :cry:
There is a 99.999% chance that the problem is NOT with your PP.

Please email technicalsupport@velocomp.com for next steps.
John Hamann