Powerpod stopped pairing with Garmin 520

briarandbrine

Powerpod stopped pairing with Garmin 520

Post by briarandbrine »

I've been using my powerpod regularly, with no pairing issues. Today, I went out for a ride and the Garmin didn't pick it up. It did, however, flash red throughout the ride. When I returned, and connected to the Isaac software, the ride had been recorded, but without the Garmin connection. I just tried manually connecting through the Garmin settings menu, but it isn't finding the powerpod. Nothing has changed in the location or setup between my last ride where it did work and today's ride when it didn't. Help?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Powerpod stopped pairing with Garmin 520

Post by Velocomp »

Hmm...if it regularly flashed red during your ride, then this means your battery needed charging. If you made it through the ride that's great, but make sure to recharge your PP before your next ride.

Before attempting a pairing to your Garmin, you need to make sure your PP is awake and paired to the speed sensors. Your PP will show paired with a solid green light.
John Hamann
briarandbrine

Post by briarandbrine »

I assumed it was a charging problem, so I charged it fully after the ride. After a few hours, I tried pairing again, and it still wouldn't recognize it. I tried both the typical way (just hitting the button on the top of the unit--it flashes green about 10 times before stopping) and manually. When attempting a manual connection through the Garmin menu I try hitting the PP button as well, but it still doesn't see it. I should also mention that the Garmin connects will the bike's other sensors automatically, but does not see the Powerpod.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

If your PP is flashing green, it means that it is not paired to your speed sensor.

Wake up all of your ANT+ sensors. then press-hold the PP button for about 4 seconds, until it starts flashing. When it is paired to your speed sensor it will turn solid green.
John Hamann
briarandbrine

Post by briarandbrine »

That did it! Thanks. I was trying to pair it with the Garmin while the bike was at rest. I rolled it out, held for 4 seconds and all was well. The previous ride's problem was likely due to the battery issue, I suppose.