Power Pod Not Transmitting Data

Colnago62

Power Pod Not Transmitting Data

Post by Colnago62 »

My Power Pod is not transmitting data to my head unit, a Wahoo Bolt. It had been working previously on my other bike. It seems to connect to the Duotrap speed/cadence sensor (The light goes solid green) and the head unit (Shows up on the sensor menu) but is not sending actual power data. There is nothing blocking the vent and mph shows up on the head unit when the wheel is spinning while the bike is stationary. The PP will sporadically send information for a few seconds, but then the screen goes blank. I have replaced the Duotrap with new unit, so the battery is fresh.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Power Pod Not Transmitting Data

Post by Velocomp »

Are you using the same Wahoo Bolt and PowerPod on your other bike? If so, does your other bike still function normally?

What sensors are you using on your other bike?
John Hamann
Colnago62

Post by Colnago62 »

One Bike has a Duotrap and the other a Duotrap S cadence/speed sensor. I use the same head unit with both bikes. I tried the Power Pod on both bikes and with the same outcome, no power data showing. I have used the Wahoo Bolt on one bike since July and on the other for one ride before having this problem.
Colnago62

Post by Colnago62 »

Should I just send the unit in for warranty?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Please post .ibr ride files from each bike
John Hamann
Colnago62

Post by Colnago62 »

Not sure where those files are or even how to find them.

I replaced the Bolt with a new one. I was on a Wahoo Forum and heard some people stating that they were having issues with their Bolts after an IPhone firmware update. I followed the instructions and tried reconnecting the whole system Ando started receiving power data. It has only worked on one ride, so not sure if that was the cure or not.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

If you continue to have problems please email technicalsupport@velocomp.com
John Hamann