Fork Mounting For TT Bike

aboooo

Fork Mounting For TT Bike

Post by aboooo »

Having read about the issues with mounting a powerpod on TT bikes I'm considering buying one of these to mount it on my forks.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:17413

This would get the powerpod well away from the bars.
Does anybody have any views on if this is a really good or really bad idea?

I'm hoping to use it for standard use without any issues with bar deflection.
I also hope to use if for measuring CdA and since for this will require adjusting the position of me on the bars and the bars themselves it seems a good bet.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Fork Mounting For TT Bike

Post by Velocomp »

I don't know how stiff this mount is, but if it is rock-solid, you might have some success with it!
John Hamann
BillOsler

Post by BillOsler »

Assuming that the mount is sufficiently rigid, wouldn't that location create problems with wind speed measurement since it is so close to the spokes? I don't know how wide the "wake" of the rim and spokes is when riding at speed.
I would also be curious if the readings would be thrown off by wind coming through the spokes from the right vs coming in on the left.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

BillOsler wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:03 pm Assuming that the mount is sufficiently rigid, wouldn't that location create problems with wind speed measurement since it is so close to the spokes? I don't know how wide the "wake" of the rim and spokes is when riding at speed.
I would also be curious if the readings would be thrown off by wind coming through the spokes from the right vs coming in on the left.
Fair questions; I have never tried this mounting position before, so I have no data to report.
John Hamann