Best Accuracy Calibration Problem

rederik79

Best Accuracy Calibration Problem

Post by rederik79 »

My situation:
Last Isaac version with Windows 10 Home 64 bit
PowerPod Ant+ S.W. 6.21
Garmin 810 last firmware
So the best calibration accuracy does not work, I set the device with isaac, the PP make the pairing with my speed sensor, i going on the road i see the led blink red \ green, i press the button and the led change to yellow and i start the ride, when the display of my garmin show me 50w i see the led but this every does not turn red but it's ever blink yellow, so i decide to continue to 100w, this time the led blink red and If i press the button then blink red \ green, press again and the procedure restart, but not from 0w but 50w and the number does not increase.

In another try i'm arrived at 50w i see the led red, so stop and the led turns yellow, and come back, the value increase to 100w and finally the value change with real power but after any seconds the calibration mode restart and the PP show again the red \ Green led

I'm very frustrated, i have tryed everything

Please, help me
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Best Accuracy Calibration Problem

Post by Velocomp »

Hmm...

Please post a side, top and front view showing how your PP is attached to your bike.
John Hamann
rederik79

Post by rederik79 »

Velocomp wrote:Hmm...

Please post a side, top and front view showing how your PP is attached to your bike.
Ok, John when come back to home I will post the photo. However, the PP is positioned on the central Garmin combo bracket, It has no forward cables and the word powerpod is perpendicular to the ground
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

If you have a ride file in your PP, please post the most recent one as well.
John Hamann
rederik79

Post by rederik79 »

Velocomp wrote:If you have a ride file in your PP, please post the most recent one as well.
Today, in my last attempt, i maked a O&B calibration, apparently in a right mode. When the value showed on my garmin 100w, this have changed with the real power, so i have thinked "finally", but after 10 seconds the value as gone to 0 and the led on powerpod as cominig to flashing in red\green again.
When i cameback in my home i connected the PP on isaac and i found the file, but this file is a ride and not a calibration file.
Now i'm at work but when come back to home i will attach the photos and this last ride file.
I hope you can solve this problem
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Please post whatever ride file is in your PowerPod. This will help me figure out what is going on.
John Hamann
rederik79

Post by rederik79 »

Velocomp wrote:Please post whatever ride file is in your PowerPod. This will help me figure out what is going on.
John, file and photo posted....
Attachments
rsz_img_20170516_205146.jpg
rsz_img_20170516_205146.jpg (67.42 KiB) Viewed 11326 times
rsz_img_20170516_205128.jpg
rsz_img_20170516_205128.jpg (74.49 KiB) Viewed 11326 times
iBike_05_16_2017_1104_4_km.ibr
(39.5 KiB) Downloaded 208 times
mejulie69

Post by mejulie69 »

Having exactly the same problem. It goes through the calibration to 100W, then starts flashing red / green and watts start climbing from 0 again.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

rederik79 wrote:
Velocomp wrote:Please post whatever ride file is in your PowerPod. This will help me figure out what is going on.
John, file and photo posted....
Please contact technicalsupport@velocomp.com for next steps. Your wind sensor appears to be behaving improperly.
John Hamann
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

mejulie69 wrote:Having exactly the same problem. It goes through the calibration to 100W, then starts flashing red / green and watts start climbing from 0 again.
Please contact technicalsupport@velocomp.com for next steps.
John Hamann
rederik79

Post by rederik79 »

Hi Jhon, I attach your calibration file and the file of my race yesterday, can you give a look and tell me if all worked properly or if the data is not congruent?
I weight 81 kg for 185 cm in height.

And i ask you, if i change my wheels, now i mount a low profile with 25c clicnher, with a high profile with a 23c clincher, i need a new calibration?
Attachments
iBike_05_21_2017_0553_205_km.ibr
(1.3 MiB) Downloaded 213 times
iBike_05_18_2017_1605_4_km_CalRide.ibr
(39.98 KiB) Downloaded 218 times
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Your 205KM ride file is fine.

No, you won't need to do a new calibration when you change wheels.
John Hamann
rederik79

Post by rederik79 »

Velocomp wrote:Your 205KM ride file is fine.

No, you won't need to do a new calibration when you change wheels.
Great, thank you very much.
rederik79

Post by rederik79 »

Sorry John, but in downhill the PP sign a elevated power, if i pedaling soft any time i see the power zone 7 or more. Why?
You work to solve this problem?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

If you go into any kind of tuck on a downhill, and soft pedal, PP will show high watts. This is normal behavior.
John Hamann
rederik79

Post by rederik79 »

Velocomp wrote:If you go into any kind of tuck on a downhill, and soft pedal, PP will show high watts. This is normal behavior.

But this also happens if the pedal is normally downhill, the power displayed and always too high.
rederik79

Post by rederik79 »

Hi john, I would like to show you my last two bikes, I attach the files, so that you can see how my powerpod is working, of which I am very pleased.
The only negative note is the fact that exaggerated watt signs annoys even when it does not pedal.
Attachments
iBike_06_10_2017_1541_97_km.ibr
(620.17 KiB) Downloaded 186 times
iBike_06_09_2017_0653_132_km.ibr
(900.65 KiB) Downloaded 193 times
rederik79

Post by rederik79 »

Checking various known segments that my powerpod overestimates the power of about 50 watts ... how can i fix it?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

You do not have a cadence sensor on your profile. Adding a cadence sensor will get rid of the false watts on downhills.

I don't see any obvious areas (except a few false watts on downhills) where watts are high.
John Hamann
chevellein12s

Post by chevellein12s »

mejulie69 wrote:Having exactly the same problem. It goes through the calibration to 100W, then starts flashing red / green and watts start climbing from 0 again.
I'm having the exact same issue did anyone get a fix in place?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

chevellein12s wrote:
I'm having the exact same issue did anyone get a fix in place?
Make sure your PowerPod is approximately level to the ground (eyeball level is fine; see instructions). If your PP is pointed "up" or "down" too much, the calibration ride won't be successful.
John Hamann
chevellein12s

Post by chevellein12s »

The powerpod isn't exactly square the bottom slopes up by design but I made sure the front is perpendicular to the ground and the flat part of the top is level with the ground. There's not much play I can do pushing it forward or backward. Ran it again still same issue. Any other suggestions? Unable to ride with power is not doing me any good training for my next IM. I also emailed tech support last week and haven't heard back
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Check your spam folder. I'm sure Tom has responded to you.

The word "PowerPod" on the case should be approximately level to the ground.

You can use Isaac to download .ibr files. Please post one; that might help diagnose what is going on.
John Hamann
mikee

Post by mikee »

Velocomp wrote:If you go into any kind of tuck on a downhill, and soft pedal, PP will show high watts. This is normal behavior.
Hi John,

I've read this about high watts on downhill in a tuck. But I've always seen the opposite scenario on all my rides. Downhill always shows much lower power, (~50-80 watts) no matter how hard I pedal. Any thoughts?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Please post a ride file illustrating your problem
John Hamann