Bad Slope Data

hawkesworthm

Bad Slope Data

Post by hawkesworthm »

Raced today and came home to find out my slope was totally off. Not sure how that happened, but it did for both races. I tried the fix bad tilt feature but no luck. Is there any way to repair these rides?

Thanks,
Matt
Attachments
iBike_02_15_2015_1226_16_Miles.ibr
(115.78 KiB) Downloaded 303 times
iBike_02_15_2015_1306_24_Miles.ibr
(162.26 KiB) Downloaded 296 times
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Bad Slope Data

Post by Velocomp »

Yep, your slope data is consistently wrong for these two rides...

I would do a Hard Reset, then a short ride to see if that fixes things.

If that does not correct the problem then you'll need to send us your unit for repair.

You can use the Analyze/Analyze Route... to try to correct the slope problem.

I did this in your ride files and the slope issue is fixed. Unfortunately, however, there is a bug in Isaac causing the total watts to be high. However, you can add up the aero, wind and gravity components to get your watts...in your case, around 185W for the races.
John Hamann
hawkesworthm

Post by hawkesworthm »

Thank you.
GeorgeHotopan

Post by GeorgeHotopan »

Out of curiosity John or anybody for that matter, does a Hard Reset delete the profile one created or the calibration ride one has performed?
Russ

Post by Russ »

Hi George,

Hard reset does not delete those things or anything that I know of. It does reset the date to a production date of some kind.
So, if you do mid ride for some reason, you might want to go into setup and set date/time approximately at least. Of course you will end your ride with two ride files with a mid ride reset of any kind (hard or soft).

Still, if not, Isaac has the capability to correct ride start time and date and Isaac can stitch two consecutive rides together.

Oh, welcome to the iBike!

Russ
GeorgeHotopan

Post by GeorgeHotopan »

Thank you Russ! And thanks as well for the warming welcome! It's an amazing forum and I have started to dig into the features of the iBike. I know there is a learning curve and everything takes time, but I enjoy it very much :D. Hopefully soon I will be able to share my experience with the Newton+ and provide useful information as many of you do.

Regards,

George.
kenf

Post by kenf »

"Unfortunately, however, there is a bug in Isaac causing the total watts to be high. However, you can add up the aero, wind and gravity components to get your watts" - Velocomp.

Is this Isaac 3.0.2 you're talking about? And you mean that adding "Aero", "Rolling" (not "Wind") and "Gravity" will give true total Watts?

Is Normalized Power correct? Anything else wrong as a result of the Power number being wrong? When will this be fixed?
Ken
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

kenf wrote:"Unfortunately, however, there is a bug in Isaac causing the total watts to be high. However, you can add up the aero, wind and gravity components to get your watts" - Velocomp.

Is this Isaac 3.0.2 you're talking about? And you mean that adding "Aero", "Rolling" (not "Wind") and "Gravity" will give true total Watts?

Is Normalized Power correct? Anything else wrong as a result of the Power number being wrong? When will this be fixed?
Ken
I don't know the context of this comment so I don't know how to respond.
John Hamann
kenf

Post by kenf »

Velocomp wrote:
kenf wrote:"Unfortunately, however, there is a bug in Isaac causing the total watts to be high. However, you can add up the aero, wind and gravity components to get your watts" - Velocomp.

Ken
I don't know the context of this comment so I don't know how to respond.

The quote is what you said in your reply of Feb 16, 2015 to the original post in this thread. I'm looking for more specifics on this problem that you identified and when it will be fixed.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

We're looking at the bug now; hopefully it will be fixed soon.
John Hamann
kenf

Post by kenf »

So a few questions regarding this bug:
  • Is this an Issac bug only, i.e., are the power numbers (instantaneous and average) I see on the Newton during a ride correct?
    To get the correct average power for a ride from Isaac I add the Averages for "Aero", "Rolling" and "Gravity"?
    Are Normalized Power, IF and TSS correct on Isaac (and the Newton)?
Thanks, and I hope the bug is fixed soon.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

This is an Isaac issue. It happens only when you post-process the Newton data.
John Hamann
kenf

Post by kenf »

Velocomp wrote:This is an Isaac issue. It happens only when you post-process the Newton data.
I did a ride today and checked the average and other power based data on the newton at the end: Av power, normalized power, TSS and IF were all exactly the same on the Newton and on Isaac (3.02). So how can it be an Isaac only problem? Isaac showed the 4 average Power numbers as follows:
  • Power: 171.7
    Aero: 137.5
    Rolling: 26.4
    Gravity: -8.7
BTW the gravity number is wrong as is the variations of slope shown on Issac, the ride was a crit on a dead flat course, old airfield (asphalt) at sea level repurposed for various recreation activities including a crit course. There is no elevation variation on this course.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

kenf wrote:
Velocomp wrote:This is an Isaac issue. It happens only when you post-process the Newton data.
I did a ride today and checked the average and other power based data on the newton at the end: Av power, normalized power, TSS and IF were all exactly the same on the Newton and on Isaac (3.02). So how can it be an Isaac only problem? Isaac showed the 4 average Power numbers as follows:
  • Power: 171.7
    Aero: 137.5
    Rolling: 26.4
    Gravity: -8.7
BTW the gravity number is wrong as is the variations of slope shown on Issac, the ride was a crit on a dead flat course, old airfield (asphalt) at sea level repurposed for various recreation activities including a crit course. There is no elevation variation on this course.

This thread started because there was bad slope data in a ride file. An Isaac repair was tried; slope was repaired but Isaac watts were wrong. There is a bug in some Isaac post-processing repairs.

If your ride file is OK then Isaac will show the same numbers as the Newton. That is normal!
John Hamann
kenf

Post by kenf »

Shouldn't Aero watts + Rolling watts + Gravity watts = (total) Power watts? If not, why not?