Metrics Comparison

hectorb

Metrics Comparison

Post by hectorb »

John
Not sure if this question has been addressed before but is there any way to take for example my last 5 or 6 rides and compare them either graphically of my Normalized Power (NP), TSS and % gradient? I ride mostly in the mountains near my house in San Gabriel Canyon so I am trying to establish a base line for my training rides. I guess I could put it on a spread sheet but I'm trying to avoid have to export to excel or training Peaks for now.

Thanks
racerfern

Re: Metrics Comparison

Post by racerfern »

There are lots of software choices for tracking NP and TSS. However, using a spreadsheet designed for that purpose works really well. I've posted this spreadsheet previously but here it is in Excel 2010 format. Just change the first date cell to your desired date and start logging TSS. Note, that this spreadsheet has no need to know your FTP. TSS will be higher for any given ride if you have a lower FTP and vice versa. It's all taken into consideration.

I originally got this from the Wattage Group in Google Groups back in 2008 and still use it religiously.

As far as graphing ride efforts on specific climbs software such as SportTracks along with a couple of the available plugins does an admirable job but with a bit of a learning curve. The screenshot is for a climb just over six miles on two separate days. This is just for the climb in question, not the entire ride. If you need more info, just post up.
Attachments
compare3.jpg
compare3.jpg (95.81 KiB) Viewed 8563 times
2014 PMC spreadsheet.rar
(98.81 KiB) Downloaded 415 times
Fernando
KenS

Re: Metrics Comparison

Post by KenS »

Hope you weren't hurt falling into that sinkhole at 3.8mi or off the cliff at the end :lol:
-- Ken