displaying average and actual watts whilst riding

doctorb

displaying average and actual watts whilst riding

Post by doctorb »

I ride with a Garmin Edge 500 alongside my ibike. What I really want is my ibike to display average watts and actual watts on same screen at same time without changing between screens. Is this possible ?
Kevin
Davis6022

Re: displaying average and actual watts whilst riding

Post by Davis6022 »

If you have the GT Key, you could display them both at the same time on the Garmin.
doctorb

Post by doctorb »

what is the GT key? Is it something I have to purchase?
Kevin
racerfern

Post by racerfern »

You can enable interval mode on your iBike by pressing and holding the right arrow. Then you'll have actual power in the middle screen and avg watts in the top screen. However, you won't be able to look at other info screens while in this mode. This is particularly helpful when doing intervals at a specified wattage.

AFA the GT upgrade, here's the only link I could find. Basically it enables the iBike to transmit wattage to a Garmin unit. The you could setup the Garmin to display current power and average power. http://store.ibikesports.com/upgrades-t ... -upgrade-1
Fernando
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

doctorb wrote:I ride with a Garmin Edge 500 alongside my ibike. What I really want is my ibike to display average watts and actual watts on same screen at same time without changing between screens. Is this possible ?
Kevin
This is possible by using the Trainer Mode/User Interval feature. You'll see average watts in the top window, instantaneous watts in the middle window, and lap time in the bottom window.

This is described on pages 37-38 of the Newton instructions.
John Hamann