iSport and Issac

Q&A for all things iSport
jazclrint

iSport and Issac

Post by jazclrint »

Should one of us iSport users get a USB connector, is there anything we need to know about using Issac with our iSports? I assume we still cannot download workouts, and what not, but will we still be able to get firmware updates?

Thank you,
Richard
'98 ProFlex 5500c under construction
'13 Schwinn Fastback custom build
'05 Bianchi Axis custom build
'13 Reline Metro Sport custom build
'15 GT Sensor Carbon Pro custom build
'?? A bike who's existence shall not be acknowledged
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: iSport and Issac

Post by Velocomp »

There aren't any more recent firmware updates for your iSport, and there will not be any in the future. So, there's no need to purchase a USB adapter.
John Hamann
jazclrint

Post by jazclrint »

I bought my iSport in 2009 or 2010, and have never been able to get the firmware updated (currently 4.17). I believe there have been a half dozen or so updates since. I would like to get the last one on there, even if it was the last one. Good to know there won't be any more updates, otherwise buying a USB adapter would have been a waste for hard earned cash. I am hoping I can borrow one, and just wanted to make sure Isaac would do it's thing if I did manage to get my hands on one. Last resort is to just send it in to you folks. I have talked you guys in the past about this. As a bicycle mechanic though, $20 is hard to part with, even if it is just to cover shipping. :D
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Send us your iSport and we will upgrade its FW without charge.

Make sure to include your return address, and tell us why you are sending the unit.
John Hamann
jazclrint

Post by jazclrint »

:shock: Wow, thanks!

In a separate matter, I am going to see of I can get the boss to carry a couple of Phone Booths for Christmas.
jazclrint

Post by jazclrint »

Just got it back today. I haven't played with it much yet today other than to get it paired with my Garmin sensor I got some time ago (no Garmin, just the sensor). Very happy. The old speed sensor from the commuter bike is now the cadence sensor for the the MTB. I got some magnets from radio shack so I'll hook both up bikes up soon.

Now I just have to dig through the archives and figure out what all I got getting my firmware upgraded from 4.17 to 4.26. All I was really worried about was being able to use the Garmin combo sensor.

Thanks for cleaning it up too! As you can tell, It does get used. :D
jazclrint

Post by jazclrint »

Hello,
Just a bit of an update. I have only been using it with my Mountain bike and have the cadence sensor hooked up and working, which is nice as the power sets to 0 as I am descending on the trail. But just riding it down the street I've noticed no more 600w just rolling down the street. However, I have it set to estimated friction. I will have to remember to leave it to that for the ride to work, and then turn est. off when I hit the trail and see what that does. But the 1.1 mile ride to work (100ft drop) and then 10 miles on the trails (started and stopped in the same place) and then averaged -.01% average tilt with over 1100ft of climbing on an FS bike. Seems to be a lot more accurate than it used to be. I have to weigh myself and do a cal ride on the commuter (Bianchi CX, no road bike at the moment). I really am just so tickled to have the Garmin sensor on the commuter and that the iSport cadence sensor fit on my Mountain bike. I now have full data potential (Power, speed, HR, cadence) on both bikes!

I know this is on a FS Mountain bike but I got an np of 205w with a max of 680w and average of 133w. But considering that it was set to 'est fric' and it was only my second decent ride and by far the longest of the year, I think these numbers are really quite consistent, if not just plain accurate. I think the biggest cadence sensor might be a big help as really any time I am not pedaling usually means I am going through or over a rough section which I would think give the iSport the biggest problems. Really feels like a a much better power meter. Thank you guys!