Please help an italian rider

pasri03

Please help an italian rider

Post by pasri03 »

Hi all
I've bought Aeropod to use mainly on my gravel road to mesure power, on the road-bike I have Favero Assioma that really works weel. At the beginning I've used aeropod on the road-bike with the 4th profile associated to my DFPM and the other sensors and it works very well. The problem become when I would like to use it only as powermeter, I set profile #3 with better precision option i'll do a cal ride without a problem after that I turn off the aeropod and turn it on again. The power is not trustable I think mainly the fact that the slope is not right on a plain road I see 4/5% slope and I think that consequentialy the power is not right. Could you suggest me the best process to get the aeropod configured and operating as powermeter?
thanks in advance
Riccardo
Patspeedy

Re: Please help an italian rider

Post by Patspeedy »

I have the same problem on my mountain bike With profile 3 even on smooth Chip roads As wee as loose roads and find the power numbers are totally unreliable and not accurate ,, in profile 4 using my road or TT bike Aeropod works satisfactorily but more time consuming to use than the notio but results In profile 4 are more stable
pasri03

Post by pasri03 »

Thanks Patspeedy how could you use profile #4 without a DFPM? It doen't give error in pairing sensors?
Patspeedy

Post by Patspeedy »

I was using a DPFM as you can’t use profile 4 without one
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

pasri03 wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:43 am Hi all
I've bought Aeropod to use mainly on my gravel road to mesure power, on the road-bike I have Favero Assioma that really works weel. At the beginning I've used aeropod on the road-bike with the 4th profile associated to my DFPM and the other sensors and it works very well. The problem become when I would like to use it only as powermeter, I set profile #3 with better precision option i'll do a cal ride without a problem after that I turn off the aeropod and turn it on again. The power is not trustable I think mainly the fact that the slope is not right on a plain road I see 4/5% slope and I think that consequentialy the power is not right. Could you suggest me the best process to get the aeropod configured and operating as powermeter?
thanks in advance
Riccardo
If slope is "not right" it should self-correct in about 90 seconds. Ironically, this feature works better in profile 3 than in profile 4...

Please post a .ibr ride file and I will take a look.
John Hamann