AeroPod Trying to Pair to Sensor After a Stop

ldmitruk

AeroPod Trying to Pair to Sensor After a Stop

Post by ldmitruk »

Hi,

I getting an odd behaviour with my AeroPod. While out on a group ride and stopping for a while, long enough for my Garmin to go to sleep, the following happens. When I wake my Garmin and AeroPod up, my AeroPod ends up pairing with a DFPM from someone else's bike and going into calibration mode. Even if I turn the unit off and back on it still wants to do a calibration. In order to fix the situation I've had to do a reset of my AeroPod and re-upload the profile for my bike.

Any thought on what is going on? I have got the latest firmware installed and I'm using profile slot 1.

Cheers
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: AeroPod Trying to Pair to Sensor After a Stop

Post by Velocomp »

Which version of FW do you have installed?

That sounds very odd. I will ask our firmware developer.
John Hamann
ldmitruk

Post by ldmitruk »

The firmware is 7.15. In addition, I don't have a DFPM. I've attached my ride file from today and profile[for you to take a look at.
Attachments
20200711_0810_0595_00022.ibr
Ride file
(662.24 KiB) Downloaded 164 times
WilierZero72020-05-17-Tweaked.ibp
AeroPod Profile
(563 Bytes) Downloaded 163 times
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Please download your ride file again. This one I cannot open...
John Hamann
ldmitruk

Post by ldmitruk »

Sorry about that, it appears I grabbed the wrong file. This is correct file.
Attachments
iBike_07_11_2020_0810_96_km_HiDef.ibr
(1.9 MiB) Downloaded 155 times
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

This looks like a group ride.

Your profile has a non-zero DFPM ID in it (4114), yet your ride file does not display any DFPM data.

This is a guess but my suspicion is that, at some point in the past, you did a sensor pairing when another bike with DFPM sensor ID 4114 was near enough to you such that your AP picked up that DFPM sensor ID. When you ride and the other bike isn't around your AP will function normally but, whenever your AP is asleep and then reawakens it will search for the DFPM. If it finds it strange things can happen.

Reloading your profile does not stop the problem, because your profile has the DFPM sensor ID in it.

To fix the problem do a new sensor pairing, making sure that there are no other bikes around, then the followup cal ride. You can check to be certain no DFPM is in your profile by connecting your AP to Isaac, then use the command Edit/Edit Profiles/Extract from Device. You should see "0" in the DFPM field.
John Hamann
ldmitruk

Post by ldmitruk »

Hi John,

Thanks for the tip. I'll setup a new profile on my AeroPod and let you know if that fixes the problem.

Cheers