PowerHouse Bike 2.0 for Android is NOW AVAILABLE!

Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

PowerHouse Bike 2.0 for Android is NOW AVAILABLE!

Post by Velocomp »

PowerHouse Bike 2.0 for Android is now available!

PowerHouse Bike 2.0/Android lets you select, create, and update your profile, right from the app--no need for a computer! Note that, for the wireless profile feature to work, your PPBLE will need to have the number "93" in its serial number. Also, you'll need to update your PPBLE firmware to version 6.24.

Early-generation PowerPod BLE units, including BLE Kickstarter units, that do not include “93” in the serial number, will not work with the wireless profile update feature of PowerHouse 2.0.
Also, PowerHouse Bike 2.0 fixes a bug (Android only) that caused crashes in some Android phones.

The app is available from the Google Play store.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... powerhouse
John Hamann
hoosier1981

Re: PowerHouse Bike 2.0 for Android is NOW AVAILABLE!

Post by hoosier1981 »

That's awesome to hear that profiles can be updated wirelessly. I just put in an order at CleverTraining for the bundle with Powerstroke (assuming this will have 93 in the SN#). Can't wait to get started.
optiplus

Post by optiplus »

Hi,

my experience with batteries and some college studies have proven that for a long battery life, the charge should be between 30 and 85%, another big problem is that every time the battery is connected to a charger it runs out a cycle, taking into account that the batteries withstand on average 500 cycles, we must keep in mind these numbers, so that the battery life lasts for a long time.

My opinion and there have been reports of problems with the batteries in pp, it may be due to the fact that you have to constantly connect the battery to the computer, often more than once a day, this leads to the 500 cilos of charge that the batteries withstand on average, run out fast, leading to inevitable problems.

So I think the best way to use PowerHouse should be to synchronize and export everything, without the constant need to connect to the computer, which would lead to double the battery life,
hoosier1981

Post by hoosier1981 »

Hi - I just installed the Android app and received my Powerpod last night. I'm still trying to familiarize myself with everything but wanted to clarify how the app works regarding the bike profiles.
It looks like you can select a wheel size and activity type (road, gravel, mountain) - and enter some rider / sensor details.
Aside from this, I'm assuming it doesn't let you fine tune the crr, etc? It seems to be separate in that it doesn't pull in or let you save the profiles from the Windows app. I just wanted to clarify this is the case.
Thanks
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

hoosier1981 wrote:Hi - I just installed the Android app and received my Powerpod last night. I'm still trying to familiarize myself with everything but wanted to clarify how the app works regarding the bike profiles.
It looks like you can select a wheel size and activity type (road, gravel, mountain) - and enter some rider / sensor details.
Aside from this, I'm assuming it doesn't let you fine tune the crr, etc? It seems to be separate in that it doesn't pull in or let you save the profiles from the Windows app. I just wanted to clarify this is the case.
Thanks
Correct. For that level of detail you'll need to use Isaac.
John Hamann