New: PowerHouse Bike 2.0 and FW 624

Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

New: PowerHouse Bike 2.0 and FW 624

Post by Velocomp »

Just released: PowerHouse Bike 2.0 for iOS, and FW 6.24.

If your PowerPod BLE serial number includes the number “93”, FW 624 lets you select, create and update your PowerPod BLE profiles wirelessly, using the PowerHouse Bike 2.0 app. To enable wireless connectivity, you will first need to install FW 624.

NOTE: early-generation PowerPod BLE units, including BLE Kickstarter units, that do not include “93” in the serial number, will not work with the wireless profile update feature of PowerHouse 2.0.

And yes, PowerHouse 2.0 for Android will be available soon!
John Hamann
scorpionro

Re: New: PowerHouse Bike 2.0 and FW 624

Post by scorpionro »

My unit contains 93 in the serial and sure enough the app (iOS app, 2.0) allows me to switch the profiles, but it currently looks a bit like a beta (in my opinion) and here is why:
- it doesn't show you the name of the profile that you've set (I think that PP actually stores it and it's not just ISAAC matching it to a known name from the existing profiles it has)
- it doesn't show my correct information (such as weight, tyre size etc.), but rather some defaults weights
- it doesn't seem to be aware that currently only the 1st of my profiles is set and the other 3 are empty
Maybe it matters that I've did the initial setup in ISAAC, which might cause these issues. Is this behaviour intended or am I doing something wrong ?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: New: PowerHouse Bike 2.0 and FW 624

Post by Velocomp »

The simple way to think of this is: Isaac and the app are "connected" to each other through your PP. So, only the information that is stored in PP can be shared with the app.

PP does not know the name you've assigned to profile "x". It only knows that profile "x" is active. That is the information it shares with the app.

When you open the bike/rider page, if your PP is connected through BLE to the app, then the app should show you which profile is active (I think!). For the profile that is shown, the app should have the current values of that profile, stored in PP, displayed on the app.
John Hamann