My PowerPod is not resonding, nothing.

Kcblair

My PowerPod is not resonding, nothing.

Post by Kcblair »

Hello John,

Charged PP last night, headed for a ride in the morning. About 1:20 Hr. into the ride , I noticed the PP was not producing any watts. So, once I got home, proceeded to turn off PP with the standard 5 button pushes. nothing, no green, yellow, red. Tried to turn on, nothing.

So I plugged the PP into PC to down load data and charge, nothing. Isaac, doesn't see the PP. Garmin shows that it was producing watts , up to the last 10 mins. I usually charge the PP the night before a ride, and there has been no low battery issues.

Hope this is a reparable issue .

Thanks,

Ken B.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: My PowerPod is not resonding, nothing.

Post by Velocomp »

Kcblair wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 5:07 pm Hello John,

Charged PP last night, headed for a ride in the morning. About 1:20 Hr. into the ride , I noticed the PP was not producing any watts. So, once I got home, proceeded to turn off PP with the standard 5 button pushes. nothing, no green, yellow, red. Tried to turn on, nothing.

So I plugged the PP into PC to down load data and charge, nothing. Isaac, doesn't see the PP. Garmin shows that it was producing watts , up to the last 10 mins. I usually charge the PP the night before a ride, and there has been no low battery issues.

Hope this is a reparable issue .

Thanks,

Ken B.
Hard reset your PP by press-holding button for 12 seconds, then release. That should restore the unit. Please download the ride file and post it here.
John Hamann
Kcblair

Post by Kcblair »

WOW !, thank you John. I tried that trick last night , to no response . After reading your reply, I tried again and it worked. PP 12 sec. and mine are different . Ride was 19mi. Weird, the irb file indicates 0 mi. Isaac, shows 16.58 mi. Oh well, let me know. PP is charging now and did connect to current bike.

Again, Thanks Ken B.
Attachments
iBike_08_27_2023_0956_0_Miles_HiDef.ibr
(773.92 KiB) Downloaded 62 times
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Where the file cuts-off around mile 16.5 is where your PP lost its "brains". Up until this point everything is fine.

The reason for the zero mile header is because the header is recorded at the end of a normal ride which, in your case, never happened.

This is a peculiar bug that happens very, very rarely, for reasons we haven't yet figured out. (we can't fix it until we replicate it).

Hopefully this won't happen again to you.
John Hamann
Kcblair

Post by Kcblair »

Thank you, John. Next time, if there is one, ill use a clock to count out those 12 sec.

Again, thank you, glad if wasn't serious.

Ken B.